Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck hop..jiggles my man boobs!!

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  BBRam 
#1 ·
Ok so after driving the truck now for about 2 weeks and now driving to Arkansas from Georgia (still in AR at hotel room :-X18 ). I've come to realize that my hopes of the truck hop is being caused by the road is not true. I've experimented several times and have found that the truck starts to hop (jiggles my man boobs pretty good) starting at 42mph and worsens at 45 but then starts to fade when it gets to 50mph (normal driving). When I accelerate heavy through 40-50mph no hop. When decelerating there is hop, I placed the tranny in neutral and it is still there.

So what now??

Thanks!

#3 ·
Completely stock, tires looks new but not a major name brand. Had the alignment checked and it was not out. Just finished greasing the slip-yoke on the drive shaft but the hop was happening before I did that. The tires don't feel out of balance rides good 65+ on the freeway.

#6 ·
I was thinking carrier bearing (heard it mentioned on another thread) but I don't know what it does or what to look for. It probably should be replaced (truck has 158K miles), something I can do?

B.

#11 ·
You can since you already have done some driveshaft work and removed it yourself, but i would have it checked first instead of throwing parts at it. I read through some other threads and havent found anyone with a bad one yet, just some that needed shimming(after lift but youre stock).

#8 ·
Do you have Pro-Comp Tires by any chance?

#10 ·
Just curious. Mine does the hoppi-d-hop too and I believe it might be my tires as it didn't do it before and now it does. Good luck finding the cause.

#19 ·
Only happens between 42-49mph (44/45mph being the worst). Happens every time at this speed range during normal driving/decelerating.

#22 ·
Nah it's probably not your tires. Mine has the exact same symptoms you described in your first post, and at the exact same speeds. Did it with 275/70/17 Michelin street tires and does it with 33" Nitto AT's. There was a post on here about 6-7 months ago from a guy who had the problem and couldnt isolate it after all kinds of research, but I can't find it now. I think the consensus then was that it was just endemic to the trucks..

#24 ·
My truck does it at around 44 to 46 MPH. My guess is tires out of balance. I have no carrier bearing and it still does it.

#26 ·
are you sure it isnt just a shimmy? i actually got a letter from ford talking about this and how its for the most part normal for these trucks, the letter stated to be sure your tire pressures are correct according to your tire size and what it read on the sticker in the door jam. im sure most everyone recieved this letter, i know my brother did. hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.