Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

low oil pressure/loud exhaust

880 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  smokersteve 
#1 ·
so have any of you noticed that your exhaust sounds different until the oil pressure get to normal pressure. maybe i have a problem with oil, maybe not, but it takes 2-3 seconds for the pressure to go up. in that time my exhaust sounds different. i have only noticed this since the new exhaust so maybe its normal. how about you guys? the turbo sounds sweet now. my neighbor didnt know i had a diesel till i changed the exhaust and he heard the turbo.:icon_ford:

#2 ·
When i have just the down pipe I can hear the eshaust sound chage after 2 sec. I think that is the egr system engaging. Also the sensor for oil psi turns on about the same time.

I dont think you have a problem. its just the timming of the 2.

#4 ·
03 blue is right. the turbo isnt spinning at first and it takes a second to get going.

#5 ·
The VVT takes a few seconds for the computer to engage it. If you have a "smoke switch" on the truck you can turn the turbo on and off and it sounds the same.

When I start mine there is an audible click, then the turbo starts spooling away.

#6 ·
that all sounds right. i figured it was nothing to worry about. i cant believe what a difference the exhaust makes. i want to delete the muffler but too chicken :)

#7 ·
The way I decided to delete both was just unbolting the whole exhaust right before the cat and listening to it. Then I took it all off the hangers and threw it in the bed, drove to the muffler shop and had em straight pipe it and slip it back in. Grand total: 35$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.