EGR delete ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete ?

ok so i am about to take on the task on deleting my EGR. i will be doing it all homemade not buying any of the kits i am broke. but i think my cooler is starting to leak i have been getting a little white smoke at start up in the mornings. my ? is what all parts will i need as far as gaskets and what not to complete this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Serving Our Country!

I can't help you answer your question but I'm willing to come help! I'd like to get a look at what all is involved as well.

Mine is at Bowditch getting a new cooler installed now (2nd time under warranty) After my warranty runs out I want to get rid of mine also.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

get a gates 1806 hose and take your old egr cooler out cut all the flanges off and weld them closed cut the pipe off as close to the cooler body as you can and then cut the oring flange off the cooler as close as you can also. weld the pipe to the oring flange and then take the intake ans install the oring flange with the pipe welded on it into the hole in the bottom of the intake. after that bolt the flange that held the egr cooler to the intake in place and weld a support bracket to the oring flanged pipe to hold it in place. just make sure that its straight back. install intake with the old intake gaskets install the blockoff flange in the exhaust and install the hose to the oil cooler and the pipe that you welded up put clamps on the ends filler her up and drive the snot out of it.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd_va View Post
ok so i am about to take on the task on deleting my EGR. i will be doing it all homemade not buying any of the kits i am broke. but i think my cooler is starting to leak i have been getting a little white smoke at start up in the mornings. my ? is what all parts will i need as far as gaskets and what not to complete this?
subscribing, Im looking to do the same thing later this summer
Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorn1977 View Post
get a gates 1806 hose and take your old egr cooler out cut all the flanges off and weld them closed cut the pipe off as close to the cooler body as you can and then cut the oring flange off the cooler as close as you can also. weld the pipe to the oring flange and then take the intake ans install the oring flange with the pipe welded on it into the hole in the bottom of the intake. after that bolt the flange that held the egr cooler to the intake in place and weld a support bracket to the oring flanged pipe to hold it in place. just make sure that its straight back. install intake with the old intake gaskets install the blockoff flange in the exhaust and install the hose to the oil cooler and the pipe that you welded up put clamps on the ends filler her up and drive the snot out of it.

ok kinda lost me. alot of info really quick. you wouldn't happend to know of a good right up with pics do you. what about the parts that are involved like gaskets that will need to be replaced when doin this.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM

its really easy if you are carefull when you remove everything all you will need is a turbo mounting kit like 8 bucks from ford or ih dealer the gates hose all other gaskets can be reused. i know there is a write up on here somwhere. do a search there is a write up somone did. man if you were closer you could come out and id show you how to do it. it aint hard
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Chapter Director

ok i found the write up on the delete and it says use freeze plugs to weld in to block on the exhuast flow but what size? and where do i get that hose from?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd_va View Post
ok i found the write up on the delete and it says use freeze plugs to weld in to block on the exhuast flow but what size? and where do i get that hose from?
will you post the link?

edit: nevermind I found it

Complete EGR removal write up
Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 AM

good luck this is the same way that i did it only my cooler was the newer square style so i had to change it a little bit but it works great lower egt and no more puking.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Chapter Director

but where did you get the hose from and what size freeze plugs did you use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.