noise under hood - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
noise under hood

I have a 07 lariet 250 with 5400 miles on it and it has a squeaking noise when I first crank it up when its cold, doesn't do it when its warm and start it up. It sounds like the belt chirping or may be a pulley squeaking, but by the time I get it to the dealer they don't hear nothing and I don't hear it neither. Thats typical of them to say that! They don't know what to tell me neither. The coolant is full with no leaks and no oil leaks on belt. The belt looks good what little I can see.

Has anyone else have this issue and know what to maybe look for.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2007, 01:45 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
I have an '07 also, but without the noise...Sorry, but I can bump this thread back to the top so a tech can jump in. Hope you can figure it out, it is annoying when the problem goes away when at the dealer!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 AM
LawDog - Premium Member

Cool My truck does the same

My truck has been back at the dealership twice since I bought it for the same noise. The truck makes the noise when you start it up mostly on cold mornings. The noise goes away after driving about 15 miles. The first trip to the dealership they replaced the belt. The second trip to the dealership they replaced the belt, the idler pulley, and the belt tensionor. The noise went away for about a week then came right back sounding the same. My truck at this time only has 5000 miles on it. Please let me know if you get your problem fixed and how. I was just going to make another appointment for my truck but I 'd like to know what they do to yours. You might have a cleverer tech.

Last edited by scbrown74; 02-12-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: addition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.