EDGE INSITE! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EDGE INSITE!

So everyone that has an edge insite, are you guys happy with it and would you recomend it over analog gauges? im between gaugs and an insite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Premium Member

I actually have both in my truck right now. I have the insight in the dash pod, sits right above the A/C Vent on drivers side; and gagues in a pod over the mirror. Honestly, I like having both. I don't see much of a difference in temps between the analog and the insight, maybe 5-10 degrees max difference between trans temp gauges, little to no difference between boost, and I don't have the EGT probe for the insight. I like having the engine oil temp(EOT) and engine coolant temp(ECT) on the insight. The insight is simple to install, just plug in the OBDII port, set what parameters you want to monitor, backlight color, and roll on. If you do decide to get one, and it won't read the trans temp, email edge tech support and they will send you the latest firmware to fix that. Mine actually has the MSD Dashhawk firmware installed now, and I get 7 more screens of PID's I can watch, for a total of 11 screens. The insight firmware only allows 4 screens which honestly is plenty, but mine would not read trans temp and that was the fix they sent me.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM

so if i buy a new one right now it wont read trans temp but if i tell them? they will send me new firmware and then it will read trans temp?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

It is really hit an miss. When you register online for your warranty, you create an account with edge. They can send the update to this account, and as soon as you plug the edge into your computer, it will let you know there is an update available. Takes a minute or so for the update to download into your insight and then it is good to go. Some peoples reads the trans temp right out of the box, others won't. Mine was fixed in a matter of an hour or so of receiving the insight and emailing tech support.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just to let you know I have a brand new in box edge insight, dash pod for 05-07, and the egt probe all brand new in box oppened only to look in side if you might be interested.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:47 PM

I have the insite and I couldn't be happier. The only thing I don't like is that it resets every time I unplug it from the ODB2 port. I would have thought it saved my info. I don't unplug it often so it's really not a big deal.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Mine saves all my settings every time I have unplugged it. Might try setting up your setting with the insight hooked to the computer. Not sure if it will make any difference, but that is how I set my screens up. Just a thought.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:18 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
been very pleased with my insight. easy to use, reads and clears codes. egt probe is easy to install
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F250FX4 View Post
Mine saves all my settings every time I have unplugged it. Might try setting up your setting with the insight hooked to the computer. Not sure if it will make any difference, but that is how I set my screens up. Just a thought.
Thanks. I'll try that. There are only two things I have to change each time i unplug it - screen color and EGT probe to the EDGE EGT.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda33 View Post
Thanks. I'll try that. There are only two things I have to change each time i unplug it - screen color and EGT probe to the EDGE EGT.
when you plug it back in it asks 2 questions. 1. gas or diesel or other, pick diesel 2. It asks if you want factory settings. pick no and it will use your last setting. if you pick yes, it will go to the edge original settings and you will have to re do the egt and screen settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.