10-30 oil, no compelling reason to use it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
10-30 oil, no compelling reason to use it

yet. Changed to Amsoil 10-30/30 with the hope of seeing an improvement in the fuel mileage but it has not happened, or if there is an increase you need a super computer to figure it out.
Oil consumption remains nill, and this was a concern of mine going from 15-40 to the lighter weight so here I am pleasantly surprised but also disappointed in not seeing a measurable increase in the mpg. I wasn't expecting something big, but a mile per gallon would have been nice.

So until I get back and pull a sample to see the numbers there really is no 'good' reason to use or not to use the lighter weight stuff-during the warm weather that is....

Each time we get to South Carolina (visiting the inlaws) I still cannot believe the number of strokers we see in the South, the numbers really are amazing.

By the way, we are in the Myrtle Beach area and the bike week traffic is off, way off. Most are quick to say that the reasons are the 'restrictions' that the City of Myrtle Beach has put on riders. The big changes in Myrtle Beach are that you now have to wear a helmet and if you have loud pipes your now persona non grata. In our thinking this alone is not a reason that would explain the very obvious drop in the numbers of bikes-but perhaps a combination of the new ordinances AND the economy (the number of vendors are down a great deal also) AND probably an effort to boycott the event could explain the drop in attendance.

We ride alot, not a Harley but a BMW, and honestly we don't understand the straight pipe thing and if you have loud pipes on your bike I really would like to know just what good do you think you are doing by riding into residential areas at three, four or five a.m., not at idle mind you but under power..

Much more harm than good is done and all one has to do is look at what has happened to this event for proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.