B/S Charge...warranty expired 7 days ago. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
B/S Charge...warranty expired 7 days ago.

So I took the truck in to have the fuel filters changed today. I have had my rig serviced at this dealership several times before, and felt like it was a decent group of guys. When I dropped it off I told the service manager that I had started to smell exhaust when I ran the heater or defroster. Of course he said they'd check it out and give me a call. When he called he said they would need to truck overnight becuase the only way to pinpoint where it is coming from is to do it when the truck is cold. Couldn't do that today, so I went to pick it up. They charged me $43 to tell me they needed the truck at a later date to determine where the exhaust leak was coming from. I told the service manager (politely) he didn't tell me that it was gonna cost me to have that looked at, and he said "Well, that is an inpsection. These guys are working...how do you think they make money?" then he "assured" me that he wasn't sticking it to me because a general diesel inspection is a 2 hour job (like $175) and he only charged me for a half hour. I basically said "Whatever, $43 is $43 so I was gonna ask." Then when I asked about the TSB for the exhaust leak, and if it was gonna cost anything like the inspection did. He said yes, because a TSB fix isn't free unless a vehicle is under warranty. I thought for a minute, looked at the date, and asked when my warranty expired because I didn't think he was right. Well, it was up a week ago. I asked if I would have been charged the $43 if the truck was under warranty and he said no. I asked him if he couldn't cut me some slack and he got all hot and said that was "forging documents" and being in the military (I was in uniform) I should understand how much trouble that could get him in. Whatever. Now that I know my warranty is up, they won't be seeing my rig anymore. At least not for anything they can get money for. Oh, and the real kicker, the rig only has 46K on it. Sorry, just had to vent...Awesome experience today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's been a long time since I've cared about warranty but I was under the impression it was 100k???
Old 05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Premium Member

5yr/100000, you are correct, but the truck in his sig is a 2004 model. Guess it just went over his 5yr mark by a week. If times were a little better for the dealerships too, they most likely would have cut you a break. Most of the shop techs around here are having to get second jobs because there is just not much work to be had. People are finding means to fix things themselves. Thats the reason my dad left his job as a master tech, to go back to being an instructor on Ft. Knox. Makes extra money on the side working on peoples cars and spraying bedliners.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F250FX4 View Post
5yr/100000, you are correct, but the truck in his sig is a 2004 model. Guess it just went over his 5yr mark by a week.

I'm an idiot
Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post
It's been a long time since I've cared about warranty but I was under the impression it was 100k???
5 years or 100k. Whichever comes first. Really sucks though that they charged him $43 to do nothing.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Premium Member

Man, your avitar is great. Like Bobby Bouchets momma said in the water boy, "HE's the devil."
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 AM

That sucks dude. If you were in my area, i could have gotten it taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post

I'm an idiot
Yes you are.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
I have to say, when I first started reading I was thinking, "Why is this guy having the dealership do fuel filters? It's simple!" But now I know you thought it was under warranty...so it makes sense. Sucks you had that experience man!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Man that burns my @$$, we need some serious good times.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
5 years or 100k. Whichever comes first. Really sucks though that they charged him $43 to do nothing.
Yeah, 46K, one week past warranty, and all they did was charge me $43 to verify exhaust smell from the heater. They won't see another dime from me. Plus, the dude was a real jerk-off. I was in uniform, so I was polite and professional. He had no reason to get an attitude with me. He could have atleast informed me there would be a charge to inspect that. I guarantee he figured I didn't know my warranty was up, and just broke one off in me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.