best years for the 6.0L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
best years for the 6.0L

I have been looking at buying a crew cab 4x4 and been looking at mostly high mileage 7.3L trucks and since noticing the older trucks are selling for the same price as one that is 3to4 years newer and with 100k less miles, i have been considering the 6.0L since i posted in this forum and most guys havent had all the problems i have always heard about them. I am just curious what to look for in these trucks. If i want to avoid all the problems that were common is there a certain year or build date to start looking??? I belevie i heard all the kinks were worked out by 05??? thanks
,mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

I would buy an 05-07 truck. I have not had any troubles out of mine, and run it pretty hard. Has had the tuner on it for most of its life. No head gasket troubles yet, but I am sure they will come. When they do, I will stud it and delete the EGR and not worry about it anymore.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F250FX4 View Post
I would buy an 05-07 truck. I have not had any troubles out of mine, and run it pretty hard. Has had the tuner on it for most of its life. No head gasket troubles yet, but I am sure they will come. When they do, I will stud it and delete the EGR and not worry about it anymore.

I heard that the '05- '07 years were the most trouble free years for the 6.0 and also, have the better looking front clip!

I just bought mine, a '05 F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 Lariat w/ 80,000 miles for $23,300 drive out, so there are some pretty good deals out there for the 6.0's......
Old 05-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Late '05 to '07 are the best years for th 6.0. I love mine, and like 06F250FX4, mine has been tuned for most of it's life.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

03 didnt have as many problems as people think , 04 to me worst year and early production 05 , id buy 06 or 07
Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
03 didnt have as many problems as people think , 04 to me worst year and early production 05 , id buy 06 or 07
Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 PM

I have a 07' F350 PS Harley Davidson super crew(bought for $50,000 at the top of the market-a very good price then) fully loaded with a matching power canopy and I have not had any problems whatsoever with it at 38,000 kms. Keep in mind its totally stock and I am meticulous with its maintenance and run only high quality synthetics, use a deisel fuel additive and change my fuel filters every other oil change. I have to put new tires on her now and that is all (time for the lift/leveler and some 35 or 37's).
Old 05-07-2009, 02:41 PM

well i got an 07, bought it with 26k and has 34k on it now. never been in the shop until this morning when i took it in and found out i have blown head gaskets this afternoon. keep in mind i've been runnin a pretty damn hefty tune on it though too from about 28k until now. love the truck though....lol
Old 05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Premium Member

What to look for when buying a used 6.0L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.