Getting Fixed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 03-6.0PSD
Getting Fixed

Truck is going in to have the oil leak fixed on tuesday.

I cant believe Iam going to let them take her away for 2 days

My poor girl. Its for the better of things, but still Im heart broken!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 PM
im fat and ugly

aw man, i get antsy at work not being able to drive it........at least yur getting her all fixed up
Old 01-24-2007, 05:38 PM

yeah, atleast my gf will be outta town for those days... so I wont have to worry about getting to her

I drove in to the dealer ship today, to make the appointment, and the techy says to me as im setting it up, so you chipped it? I said no not yet, he goes sure sounds like it. then I told him I only have exhaust done, and he goes... "oh you have a poormans chip" lol..

but he told me to drive it hard, to avoid any other motor problems when not towing. I like hearing that... makes me feel good everytime I step on it
Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
im fat and ugly

my poor rig takes a hard driving every trip it takes
Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Haha, so does my gf, er.... I mean my truck

Wow if she read this, I would be slapped and cut off for a few weeks
Old 02-12-2007, 10:35 PM

Well heres the story to my oil leak. the long awaited results are in.

I took it in for the day it was setup to go in. I take my truck in and drop it off. Then off to work, the day is just about over. The phone rings, "this is ford calling about your F-350 that we are currently working on." So they proceed to tell me that they put a dye in the oil, to trave the leak with a black light. then tell me, they ran the truck most of the day, hoping to find the leak. but it didnt leak for them. So they are now going to have to keep it over night and try again tomorrow.

Ok so thats fine, just get it fixed already!!!

I call back the next day, and they proceed to tell me, that they didnt turn anything up and they will give it back to me so that I can drive it and hopefully make it leak. so I setup the day to bring it in, and that was about a week after I got my truck back.

A week goes by, and I find myself swaped with work, and not able to run my truck in. so I move it to today, and had my dad take it in. he takes it in this morning and they start work on it right away. then call me today and tell me its ready to be picked up already.

I thought wow that was a fast fix. get underneath it before I start it up and they have cleaned the engine and there is no oil anywhere. just what I wanted to see. So Im happy, my truck is fixed. But wait is it really fixed? I told my bro-in-law I was going to drive it hard on the way home tonight to see if it would leak again. sure enough, I get home and where I back in to my spot it takes about a 3 point turn. sure enough there is lines of oil where I did my 3 point turn and its a steady fast drip.

Its not fixed, they made it worse. Oh boy Am I looking forward to my phone call tomorrow morning to ford!!!!! somebody is going to have a strip taken off them. and its not so much that its not fixed, its how much I have to go out of my way to get my truck there and back, its 30 mins oneway to the shop, and I always have to have someone pick up me and drop me off.

Plus take time off work to do it. Im fed up with the service around here.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:51 PM

man i would go crazy if it was like that down here...... thank god there is atleast three techs within ten miles one of them being about a mile away and he is the older more experrienced man i so trust him ..... plus he owns a 99.5 7.3 and thats one hell of a truck....then my buddy lives about an hour away with his own shop but thats just not real convient unless i can do it my self the little things people take for granted..... haha you just dont no what you got till you hear a story like yours
Old 02-13-2007, 08:15 PM

Ok I Talked to the tech today, and heres his story.

I call this morning, and get the guy thats been working with my truck. I start off by saying, "My truck isnt fixed yet. Its still leaking oil, and its leaking worse." Oh thats just some residue thats in the bell housing that we couldnt get out. Ok so I will wait a few days, but im not convinced that the oil leak it fixed.

anyways, thats going to be sorted out soon. if it doesnt stop leaking.

So then he proceeds to tell me, that running the 4inch turbo back exhaust system on the 6.0 is going to melt my pistons. I call BS, but has anyone ever herd of this?

He claims to have had one guy with the same system come in with melted pistons, and he only had done exhaust.

the way I see that happening, is he did have a chip installed, on a proformance tune, started towing, wrecked his motor, then disconnected the batterys and reset the memory to get rid of the code. then towed it to ford.

anyways not sure. he also claims that the 4inch system doesnt give the motor enough back pressure and will build up crankcase pressure, causing me more oil leaks in the near future. and lack of back pressure will cause my moto to melt.......

then he said he only "fixed" my truck on warrenty because its almost finished and theres not much left for the warrenty. other wise the warrenty is void with the exhaust done.

then he went on to tell me that one guy went and put his stock exhaust back on. and noticed he had more power with the stock system then the 4 inch on the truck. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if anyone has herd of this being true plese tell me.... but I call BS.....

and please someone else explain to me what the 4 inch system does for the truck, because I must be stupid thinking it lowers the EGT's and allows more flow, and is better for the motor? Am I retarded or what????
Old 02-13-2007, 08:24 PM

im no tech but i call bs....... i dont no how better air flow and less back pressure could hurt the engine let alone melt the piston...... he was feeding you a line of bs.... and you called it........ he is prolly right outa tech school and he was in too deep didnt no what the explanation was.... cuz they way i hear it ... he talked to you like this is your first vehicle...... he was just trying to make up an excuse that the exhaust is a good reason to void the warranty
Old 02-13-2007, 11:11 PM

I think I will be taking it to another dealer for a second opinion. and the oil leak is certainly not fixed. there is a puddle everytime I shut the truck off about 6 inches round.... and not to mention the drip drip drip trail.

In the bell housing someone drilled a small hole, it doesnt effect anything since it just shows the torqe converter, but thats where the motor oil is coming from. and the only place motoroil could get through is the rear main seal.

Im not sure where the ICP sensor is but they replaced that and called it fixed. its suppose to be under a heat sheild. I highly doubt that they need to pull the tranny to fix that, and by the looks of things, they never touched the tranny bolts. So how would they know if the rear main wasnt leaking to begin with.

Oh the is really Peeing me off right now. As far as Im concerned they ripped me off.

and does anyone know if warrenty work can be done at another shop, meaning somewhere else other then ford?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.