Lug Nut Size?!! Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lmtdedtn2
Lug Nut Size?!! Help

Ok, I could really use some help here. I traded an older lady my stock wheels and tires for some Gear wheels with Mickey Thompsons on them. When we did the swap my lugs did not fit her truck. We both have 04 F250 Super Duty trucks. We went to the ford dealership and they told me that she needed "fine" threaded lug nuts and my truck needed "coarse" threaded lug nuts. They had the "fine" threaded lugs so we got those for her truck. The after market wheels I swapped for require a longer lug so I need to find new ones. I ordered a set that were 14x2 which the people at the store told me were the "coarse" threaded lugs. I got them, but they do not fit. I know she had 14x1.5 on her truck but those are the "fine" threaded lugs. The dealership told me that they made 2 different sizes that year.........I am assuming 14x1.5 and 14x2. I have a set of stock wheels with stock lugs on the truck now......what is wrong and does anyone have any idea what lug size I need? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

2004 should be 14mmx1.5 for both.

Ford used 14mmx2.0 until the 2003 model year which is when they went to 14mmx1.5
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Dr. of Linemantology

wheel lug delima

i recently had a flat on my 2004 350 super duty and 4 wheel studs broke. i know exactly what you are going through. i went to 10 different dealerships and got 10 different size bolts and threads. ford actually had 5 different axles that year and the wheel studs and lugs vary. if you look on your front axle, (i'm assuming both are 4 wheel drive) ,you'll find a bar code tag on the back side. write that number down along with a vin # and find a dealer that has lots of trucks in their inventory. to really get it right, take the wheel off and beat one of the wheel studs out. just take a hammer and hit straight on the end. you don't need to keep a nut on it the bolts have a tapered tip that the threads don't become damaged. they look meacing but they just pop right out and are easilt hammered right back in. just be sure when u put them back in that the splines on the bolt is lined up with the splines on the hole of the spindle. the studs are 21 bucks a piece and the lugs are 12. haggle with the parts guy and sometimes they'll give them to you at cost $12, and $6. i'm not sure what your looking for but i have the ford part numbers for the 14mm, fine thread longer ones, which were a little longer than the ones i had stock. let me know specifically and i'll give you part numbers you need. good luck
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM

what a cluster
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 AM

man, you have no idea. Its ridiculous!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:00 AM

Not sure how you can get 10 different lug sizes......Ford has always used the 14mm stud on the 99+ SD with either a 2.0 or 1.5 thread pitch.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 PM

yeah, thats what i was told. The lady i got the wheels from had the 14mm x 1.5 and i was told mine were the coarse thread 14mm x 2? I ordered the 14mm x 2 and it is stamped on the side of the lugs but they dont fit? Any ideas?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:30 PM

i've got an '04 and the install kit i ordered from kramer tire was 14x1.5 (all 32 for $45 btw, couldnt beat it). should be your size, but with a conical seat for your aftermarket wheels.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM

Yeah, its not 14mm x 1.5 That is what the lady had on her truck when we did the swap and our lugs werent the same.................??
Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 AM

have a local tire & wheel shop you can go to? i got mine from a buddy that had a '00. his didnt fit mine, mine didnt fit his, etc. sounds like the same thing you're going thru. but i went to the shop i mentioned earlier and they came out to the truck and sized it. good luck with it, lets see some pics when you get em on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.