door lock codes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooks19
door lock codes?

how do i find out what my door code is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

use the search button here or google keyless entry code there is a lengthy write up
Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 PM

If you dont have the card that came with the truck it is usually easiest to just call a dealer and give them your VIN number. Most dealers will be happy to look it up for you and give you the master code.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:48 PM

This may help ...............

Here is the post on finding the Door Entry code:
factory keypad code - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

You will have to release the compartment on the right side of the steering wheel in your dash. Then there will be some insulation that you will have to push to the side. There will be a little black box on the firewall with a 5 digit number. I believe the number is printed on a white label. This is the factory code. Once you have that, you can enter it in then press the 1-2 and 3-4 buttons at the same time then enter in your own code. The truck will lock then unlock if you've done it right. Oh yeah - you have to do each step within 5 seconds of each other for it to work.

Last edited by bismic; 04-26-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:24 PM

bismic your link no worky?
here is what I copied and yes some is duplicate
Quote:
Lots of people have this problem and I was one of them. My local dealer, with a straight face, quoted $98 to get the code out of the computer. That made me so mad, I decided to find out how to do it myself and tell as many people as I can how they can do it as well. I'm not a Ford mechanic, but I have a 2004 F-350 and I can tell you how I did it. The RAP module was mounted on the fire wall behind the radio. I suspect the easiest way to read the code is to remove the radio. If you can't get it out, remove the fuse panel located below the steering column. With a bright flashlight look to the right and up behind the radio and you should see at least part of a large white label. It will have a large bar code on it as well as the words "Canada" and "FCC" among other stuff. The factory code is the bold five digit number located to one side. This was not easy to see. I had to reach up under the panel and push a wiring loom out of the way while my wife looked for the number, but it was easily worth $98.
Make sure when pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad you press the middle of the buttons to ensure good contact with the controls.

Programming Your Own Personal Entry Code

1. Enter the factory-set code (keypad will illuminate when first digit is pressed).

2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step 1.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Enter each digit within five seconds of the previous one.

Your personal code does not replace the factory-set code. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. Each time you set a new personal code the module will erase the previous one in favor of the new code. The factory-set code can not be erased.

Erasing Your Personal Code or A Prior Owner's Code

1. Enter the factory-set code.

2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step one 1.

3. Press the 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time within five seconds of step two.

The system will now only respond to the factory-set code.

Unlocking the Doors

1. Enter either the factory-set code or the personal code (Each digit must be pressed within five seconds of the prior digit). The interior lights will illuminate as soon as the first valid digit is pressed.

2. To unlock all the doors, enter the factory set code or a personal code and press the 3/4 control within five seconds of the drivers door unlocking.

Locking the Doors

1. Press 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time. The 5-digit code does not have to be entered to lock the doors.

Deactivating/Activating Auto-lock

1. Enter the five 5-digit code.

2. Press and hold 7/8 control.

3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control.

4. Release 7/8 control.

The horn will chirp once if auto-lock was deactivated or twice if auto-lock was activated.

Deactivating/Activating Auto-lock

1. Enter the five 5-digit code.

2. Press and hold 7/8 control.

3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control.

4. Release 7/8 control.

The horn will chirp once if auto-lock was deactivated or twice if auto-lock was activated.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Man, I just went through hell trying to find this on my '04. Don't know what year yours is, but I wish someone had told me this earlier.

For 2004 at least, it is behind the radio. But that's not the hard part.

Get the radio out, and there is a 1 1/2" steel tube behind the radio. The code is behind that. But that's not the hard part.

Behind the tube is a thick piece of insulation that cannot be removed without tearing it up. But that's not the hard part.

Move the insulation up and to the right (I used a carbon arrow shaft cut to 28") and the code is behind that. But that's not the hard part.

You need a mirror to reflect the code, as it is UPSIDE DOWN and, since you are looking through a mirror, backwards. To me at least, that's the hard part.

Hope this helps, I wish I had taken pictures when I found mine. The very first thing I did afterward was write the code in permanent marker in the glove box. Why does Ford make this so difficult?

John
Old 04-28-2009, 05:47 AM

Hard part was opening the box!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
Hard part was opening the box!

haha
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM

I paid for the pdf from ford on everything that has do do with codes, if anyone would like it please PM me your email and I will send it over.

R
Old 05-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Smile FREE

I just bought a 2006 F350 from a non ford dealer, and the dealer did not know the code and suggested I call nearby ford dealers and get the door code. I called a few and the cost was about 100 dollars.

I called McCoy Mills Ford in Fullerton California and they said they could do it for free. If you live in southern California and need to know your door code, go here. It took the service guy no more than 5 minutes to retrieve my code free of charge.

Here is the address and phone number:
McCoy Mills Ford
700 W Commonwealth
Fullerton, CA 92832

888-640-9266
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.