Injectors. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors.

In the video that ford produced about the new 6.4. the man described the injector system as a multi stage injector. I understand its function, but does the 6.0 have this feature????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 PM

Another name for it is pilot injection and i belive that the 6 liter does have it but its not nearly as complex or as many cycles. i could be wrong but im almost positive its like a three stage injection cycle and the 6.4 is 5or6. Elitedieseleng has a tune they can put on your sct that has "pilot" injection cycles but they say that not all trucks respond to it.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 PM

In the video I saw, the man said the 6.4 had a 3 stage multi stage injectors. He also said the 7.3 had similar.

If the 6.0 did have this featuer I know for sure that if it was canceled out and there was only one injection, there would be immense gains. Because the other multi injections are before the cylinder is even at its peak. Its almost stooping the cylinder. But the injections are small. But sill!!!! I hate emissions. But I love Earth........ HHHhhmmm...
Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 PM

Huh sounds like the video was confusing. The late 7.3 had a "split shot injector" that made it quiter and put in two shots of fuel to help with emmissions and help with noise. The early ones were "single" shots and yes they are capable of more power but they are louder. As far as the 6.0 making more power with a single shot injector i dont know if thats possible or it would have probably been done... and 6.4's make great power with the "three mulit stage" injectors so... its kinda all how you take it. I love how quite mine is to be honest... and i thought i would hate it.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the comments
Old 04-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Sure do some more looking around you can find pretty much anything you want about these things thanks to the internet. Pretty cool. Nice truck... need an sct with some good custom tunes and you;ll love the 6.0 even more.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 PM

the only thing that a multi stage injection does is clean up the emission end of it you might gain a little bit of power but for the most part they went to this in the 6.4 was because of the new emission laws
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94f250 View Post
the only thing that a multi stage injection does is clean up the emission end of it you might gain a little bit of power but for the most part they went to this in the 6.4 was because of the new emission laws
Ya thats true but they want it as quite as a gasser too so more people will fork out the 7g's or whatever it is for the diesel option. Makes for a much nicer truck thats for sure.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 AM

Thanks. The DMV should have Rite Offs for emissions through something. That would be cool.

Ya im planning on sct. I made a thred called "The truck and I" that describes all that I plan to do.

Thanks for the comments guys
Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 AM

I know of many companies that make higher CC injectors but I am interested in buying higher MPG injectors... does anyone know of any?????????????????????????????

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.