Head studs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
Head studs

Has anyone paid out of pocket the full cost to get head studs put on. I know the studs are around 400 give or take. What about labor. Is there any shops around the philly PA area i can get it done at. I will go 3-4hrs away fro the right shop and a good price. Also my truck is an 04 f-350 will my 100k motor warr. cover it. It will be up in 3 months. 5year or 100k.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2009, 04:50 AM
Premium Member

Most dealers have a gotten a little tight on doing "extra" warranty work of late. I am not sure if it is worth playing stupid saying that you have been going thru coolant and see what happens. You might want to find out if they pull the cab off to check to see if it is eating coolant if you have to pay if there is nothing wrong. Also I am not sure if Ford will warranty ARP head studs. Not that anyone has had a problem with them
Old 01-31-2009, 09:14 AM

I know the dealer wont warranty ARP headstuds. My truck will be out of all warranty in 3 months. I just wanted to know what other people might have paid out of pocket for studs. I know the diesel tech. at my dealer. He does side work for me. Maybe i will give him a call and see if we can do the studs under warranty somehow. Maybe throw him a couple bills.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
i dont know personally the cost out of pocket but they claim it to be about a 20 hour project so figure about 2k or so to get them put in but just ask around at the dealers before your warranty is up and try to get it done that way, then it will just cost you a few hundred, im going out to the dealer on 202 and route 1.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM

Thats where i bought my truck. Garnet Ford. They are ok. But if you do have a chip of any kind take it out. they dont go for that stuff. They are lame when it comes to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.