'06 f250 1st time diesel owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'06 f250 1st time diesel owner

Hey guys, I am brand new to all this diesel stuff but a long time off roader. I recently bought a 2006 Ford F250 4x4 fx4 lariat about 5 months ago with 22k miles. On March 24th, 2009 my factory warranty will be up. The engine is 2 yrs longer, 5 yr/60k but the rest of the drive train will be out of pocket if I have a problem. I only have 27,000 miles on it now and I LOVE the truck. I have about 7 weeks left to get a Ford ESP warranty. I found some dealers online and can get a 7/75 extra care for $1825 or premium care for $2285. Or I can do 6/60 for approx. $1200 extra care and $1500 premium. I have other vehicles so 8k per year is about right for me. With all the pro's and con's of the 6.0 PSD, I am concerned with future repair costs. I took my truck to the dealer after I got it to have them run a report and get my keyless code. There were no repairs except a couple of tailight bulbs replaced. I was told I had a good truck. I knew when I bought it, but that was reassuring. I have put a 4" magnaflow catback and egt gauge. I have a granatelli fuego tuner on a 50hp tow mode and it runs xlnt. Towing uphill with 10,000 lbs never over 800 degrees. Normal driving is about 500-600. Is this good?
I welcome all feedback and as you can tell have a ton of questions. Thanks for any input you can give me.
Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You should have 100K on the engine... I don't believe in warranties, I would just sock that money into a "emergency" fund and insure yourself that way... Otherwise, if you must, go with the 6 year, as many people don't keep a car forever...

Maybe just Dave Ramsey talkin through me in spirit, but that is what I do...
Old 01-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply. My truck looks just like yours but in blue. Did you do anything to your suspension for the 35's. It seems the fx4 is a little higher from the factory. I already have 33.1" tires stock.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am not up to snuff on suspension but It looks like theres an additional block in the back and a leveling kit up front...

Yes the FX4 has a rancho suspension different from the 4x4's... Not sure they are any taller at stock tho...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Congrats on the powerstroke!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougrjack View Post
Thanks for the reply. My truck looks just like yours but in blue. Did you do anything to your suspension for the 35's. It seems the fx4 is a little higher from the factory. I already have 33.1" tires stock.
If you have 18" rims then you have the ability to run a narrow set of 35's from Toyo. You can get them in either the AT's or the MT's. The size is 285x75R18. They are load rated E at 4080lbs a tire which is rather high. Now they are only 11.5" wide and some people have told me that the tires look "different" I love mine. I have never had a problem with rubbin on any part of the wheel well. The offroad shop that put them on told me I was going to have to run a leveling kit and I asked multiple times to mount them and put them on the truck and then we could find out. I won that battle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.