Well she is a Puker. Whats Next? Help?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
muddy650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 460
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well she is a Puker. Whats Next? Help??

Well I was hauling a 30 jobsite trailer back home the other day and my 06 started puking and whistling like a little teapot. Thought I was doing good by going back to a tow tune. Now everytime I get into her a little she makes the teapot sound. I have already started the process on getting some stuff. Here is what I have in mind.

Arp Headstuds
Motorcraft Headgaskets
Get the heads machined
Full EGR Delete
Injectors????

O.K. so what else needs to be done while I am in there. I would like to go with some injectors maybe. I need some that I can use with my stock turbo, but when the time comes that I can put with an aftermarket turbo and make some real power.

2004 F250 CC SB
SCT Xcal2 SPD+ Lonney Wild Track
ARP Studs
PHP FICM Tuner
2003 Turbo
Coolant Filter
EGR Delete
4" Magnaflow
Airaid Intake
Zoodad
Blue Spring
6.4 Banjo's
CAT EC-1
Custom Camo Seat covers http://www.camotruckseats.com
/
muddy650 is offline  
post #2 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: America
Posts: 6,782
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Get the heads checked for cracks.
2005F250 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Mod Newbie

 
dhanna6powerstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 13,156
Thanks: 6
Thanked 142 Times in 134 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy650 View Post
Well I was hauling a 30 jobsite trailer back home the other day and my 06 started puking and whistling like a little teapot. Thought I was doing good by going back to a tow tune. Now everytime I get into her a little she makes the teapot sound. I have already started the process on getting some stuff. Here is what I have in mind.

Arp Headstuds
Motorcraft Headgaskets
Get the heads machined
Full EGR Delete
Injectors????

O.K. so what else needs to be done while I am in there. I would like to go with some injectors maybe. I need some that I can use with my stock turbo, but when the time comes that I can put with an aftermarket turbo and make some real power.
Are you under warranty?

dhanna6powerstroke is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
muddy650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 460
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes but none of the dealers around her will put nothing other than stock bolts back in. I have a best buddy that is a mechanic and he said he would do whatever I wanted, if I would pay half on a lift for his personal shop. Which will be like $700 plus parts for my truck.

2004 F250 CC SB
SCT Xcal2 SPD+ Lonney Wild Track
ARP Studs
PHP FICM Tuner
2003 Turbo
Coolant Filter
EGR Delete
4" Magnaflow
Airaid Intake
Zoodad
Blue Spring
6.4 Banjo's
CAT EC-1
Custom Camo Seat covers http://www.camotruckseats.com
/
muddy650 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Mod Newbie

 
dhanna6powerstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 13,156
Thanks: 6
Thanked 142 Times in 134 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy650 View Post
Yes but none of the dealers around her will put nothing other than stock bolts back in. I have a best buddy that is a mechanic and he said he would do whatever I wanted, if I would pay half on a lift for his personal shop. Which will be like $700 plus parts for my truck.
Well in that case, I would definetely have the heads checked. Both mine were cracked. I wouldn't worry about injectors unless you go ahead and do the turbo. If nothing else, I would have Ford do it and then do it yourself after they are done, just for the simple fact that if the heads are cracked you can't walk into Ford with the heads and get them to replace them.

dhanna6powerstroke is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
work&play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 809
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am in the same boat with the HG and just ordered ARP's a ITP regulated return,EGR delete and a set or coolant lines (seems like a go idea and not to much $150) for the heads from Elite

2007 6.0 PSD,F350 4X4 Lariat,CC, DRW,9' Knapheide body, stainless steel lader rack, SCT with custom tunes, ARP's, EGR delete, ITP RR, Airdog II 130/75, Garrett Powermax, Banks turbo back, Firestone air bags, Autometer gauges
work&play is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Mod Newbie

 
dhanna6powerstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 13,156
Thanks: 6
Thanked 142 Times in 134 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by work&play View Post
I am in the same boat with the HG and just ordered ARP's a ITP regulated return,EGR delete and a set or coolant lines (seems like a go idea and not to much $150) for the heads from Elite
$150 for what?

dhanna6powerstroke is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
muddy650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 460
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any dealers on here wanna make a package deal on Arp's, headgaskets, and egr delete??

2004 F250 CC SB
SCT Xcal2 SPD+ Lonney Wild Track
ARP Studs
PHP FICM Tuner
2003 Turbo
Coolant Filter
EGR Delete
4" Magnaflow
Airaid Intake
Zoodad
Blue Spring
6.4 Banjo's
CAT EC-1
Custom Camo Seat covers http://www.camotruckseats.com
/
muddy650 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome