Has anyone tried this with thier stock air box??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone tried this with thier stock air box???

I was changin the oil and fuel filters in the truck today and thought I would get some of the dust out of the air filter. I did that and spayed the sensors with maf cleaner and started putting it back together...

Has anyone ran the truck without the front section of the air intake. I put mine back together and buckled the back part onto the air box going to the intake but pulled the front section out.

There is a local auto guru in San Antonio that always talks about cutting up the air box to get more air in and using K&N (a diesel no no, I know) but I have done this will all gas trucks I have owned with no probs...

Just wondering if I need to go put the front section back on... I ran it about 10 miles and drove fine... Seems a bit louder under the hood, better low end power, not much high end...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 04:39 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I modded my '04 and now my '06. There is a slight increase in intakes temps on take off like +10* from ambient, but with the ZOODAD mod that doesn't last over 20 MPH. I've used my SCT to show this and that it will bring in ambient air temps while driving. Makes changing the air filter a snap!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought about cutting up the front as well like you have done... I went ahead and put it back on for now... I did the zoodad to my previous 05 but this truck's grill gard replacement is too close for me to pull off the grill I am afraid... I will fool with it again tomorrow..

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.