Engine Hour questions 2006 F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine Hour questions 2006 F350

I just purchased not long ago a new to me 2006 F350 6.0 with 80,000 kms on it (not miles). It has approx 3000 engine hours. I didn't know it had an engine hours option when I bought it, so I didn't think to look. Average speed works out to about 26 k/hr. It runs perfect, other than having to replace the alternator ($200) and all serpentine belt pulley/tensioner bearings ($15).

If I have a warranty issue, will they go off engine hours or the odometer?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 AM

Odometer...
Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM

These engines can go for a very long time. My last work truck which had a 6.0, had 22400 on the hour meter before I got a new one. It is a utility truck that just sits and idles all day and night. I would love to know how many gallons of fuel that truck used.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Creek View Post
These engines can go for a very long time. My last work truck which had a 6.0, had 22400 on the hour meter before I got a new one. It is a utility truck that just sits and idles all day and night. I would love to know how many gallons of fuel that truck used.
Wow!!!!!!!!!! That's insane. I guess idle isn't all that bad for these things then. I know mine will kick the idle up if it sits in park, even with the park brake off (Manual says park brake has to be on). That makes me feel better about the amount of hours I have on mine.

Your truck ran non stop for 2.5 years, literally...
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqoair View Post
Wow!!!!!!!!!! That's insane. I guess idle isn't all that bad for these things then. I know mine will kick the idle up if it sits in park, even with the park brake off (Manual says park brake has to be on). That makes me feel better about the amount of hours I have on mine.

Your truck ran non stop for 2.5 years, literally...
The truck was only 4 years old when I got the new one given to me. The truck is still in the fleet, just used by another worker. We would work 16 hour shifts almost 3-4 nights a week, and then the rest of the time it was just the 8 hour shifts. Sometimes, we would even work the weekends. We would avarage about 70 hours week.

These engines are not the greatest at idleing. We use to have a lot of problems. Utilities can not block off EGR and stuff like that. The mechanics got really good at cleaning turbos. The only saving grace was the trucks weighted around 20000. Crew cab F550. The engines would roar when in transit and burn/clean all the soot out. LOTS OF SMOKE!!!! I would not worry about your hours too much.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 PM

You're more prone to EGR clogs if you idle a lot. There's a write up in the tech section on how to clean it if it becomes an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.