Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Apr 2007
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After 20k my 2006 was extremely clogged. The solids were very thick and oily (not wet with water, but shiny and oily).
1. I installed a new EGR valve (there were improvements in the shaft seals and spring)
2. I had the processors flashed (updated the programming) - definite improvements in the programming have been made over the last few years
3. Installed the ccv mod (kept oil out of the intake)
4. Started using cetane booster EVERY tank
5. Modified driving style somewhat - almost NO extended idles, wait till the engine is warm before romping on it (at least 10 minutes), after it is warm I work it hard at least a few times a month. I also installed the high idle mod.
6. I also watch fuel prssure closely to make sure it does not get too low. I recently felt the need for the bb mod.
7. Keep the oil and filter changed regularly w/ OEM filters. I highly recommend a 5W40 oil because of potential stiction. Whenever you run rough, you are most likely building carbon.
I have pulled and inspected my EGR valve once since then (currently at 60k miles) and it had only a light, dry coating (no oily thick carbon and sludge).
I also think fuel now may be a little better in the cetane content than 3 years ago, but have no way to prove it.
I still run the EGR system and it appears to be working very well and causing no issues that would be concerning.
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
Last edited by bismic; 02-19-2010 at 07:49 AM.