It happened - first time stuck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It happened - first time stuck!

Funny thing - after 2 days rain - those median strips are muddy!

Passed by a guy in a bimmer with jumper cables - I was feeling good so I thought I would just turn around (on a 2 lane divided highway - with no traffic coming) and go head back up the shoulder nose to nose to jump the poor guy. All seemed fine - until my front end hit the slight decline of the median - she slid right down. I dropped her in reverse - rear spun. I kicked her in 4wd - front pulled around - right into the thick of the seemingly dry - but now swamp.

Dropped her in low range - started throwing clods of mud - she went no where. Rear dug down to the axle - front sat spinning.

A dude in a 1/2 ton Ford pulled up - we hooked a chain, took him nearly 10 minutes of tugging and pulling but finally got me out.

Hit the highway, spun around and went ahead and jumped the guy after all.

Hey - did you know a BMW battery is in the trunk? Who would have thunk it - I could have evaded this whole escapad!

Oh well -

It's my first "stuck" in 100,000 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow, you try to help somebody out and end up needing help yourself!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 AM

these trucks are HEAVY. our stock 275's are like pizza cutters.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHMissions View Post
It's my first "stuck" in 100,000 miles.
Rookie.

Sorry I had to say that - I feel your pain buddy.
I LOVE my rig but the bad azz TJ I traded in on her had it all. Theses big things SINK. Sucks your kindness was turned on ya.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My front end sunk in a clients front yard........he had a good laugh as he winched me out with a Chebby.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:58 AM

Sad part is - my truck is accustomed to off road. But those bald tires upfront - just sat ontop and spun. The rears dug in, the side-biters on the Nitto's (I know - not really side biters - but worked the same) dug and threw chunks of mud and grass all over my roof and hood - just never dug down. The one tire that would have had traction - had I not had bald fronts - was my drivers front. All 4 were spinning - none had traction.

Sucked being pulled out by a 1/2 ton - at least it was a Ford.

For the good part - after I jumped the bimmer, I hauled a truck load of oak and locust, dropped it then went back and cut/loaded/ and hauled a truckload of birch. So in a day - went to work, cut and hauled 2 truck loads dead firewood, got stuck and jumped a bimmer.

Slept good that night.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 AM

i didnt know the batteries were in the truck on those cars but i know they are on some caddies kinda blows your mind first time u do it lol but i am glad u got out without breaking anything
Old 12-29-2008, 11:25 AM

i took my truck mudding yesterday and was very impressed with its ability. I would recomend my tires and lift to anyone. My old f250 would bottom down with 35s but my new one and 38's just chugged on threw. Never even had to use 4wd. It was awesome and no wheel hop at all. It did throw mud all over my truck though lol. I was am still am impressed with this truck.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:01 PM

No good deed goes unpunished! I had the same thing happen to me when I stopped to help a lady get unstuck where she drove up to the edge of a lake that had been receding. My buddy told me just to keep on driving.... Wasn't in my PSD, but burried my 87 F-150 quick. It was a much longer ordeal than yours (involving a stuck tow truck that used his hydraulics to walk himself out), but all ended well and I still would have helped either way. Nice job man!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM

I used to stop alot more often to help people out - but for the last few years - been backing off a bit - too many crazy people out there. Now I will normally pass the person - check out front and rear, side area's - turn around and hit with high beams - see if anything looks questionable - then make a gut decision to stop or not.

Got yelled and threatened by a cop once for trying to snatch someone out of a parkway median - he was stuck good - cop didnt like that It was muddy - threatened me with destruction of park property. He was serious too.

Another time I saw what looked like an outline of a few guys down a ditch just off the shoulder - gut told me not to stop at that one.

Got to be careful. But we all need help sometime. Changed a tire for a lady a few weeks ago. Same thing - passed, then turned around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.