EGR delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 07:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete

I am new to diesels only had about a year but read on here things that can be done. Just wondering what the purpose of an egr delete is and is it worth doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Premium Member

psd

if you have a 6.0 power stroke. I think It's the best thing you can do for your truck. it keeps the coolant from boiling over your over flow tank and as well for your HG.your motor will run cooler.
if you want to check one out we have three types.
here at Welcome to Outlaw Diesel :: Home we also have custom tunes for you.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It appears that you have a stock truck, so deleting the EGR will do nothing for you. Plus to do this you will need custom tuning to remove it from your trucks computer. If your truck is puking a little when its worked hard, remove a little coolant from the over flow bottle. Your max fluid level should be moved to the minimum line. If you plan on tuning this truck I recommend calling Innovative Diesel and getting a custom SCT Xcal3 with the EGR turned off. Then you can remove the up pipe from the passenger side and cut a thin metal disc to plug the EGR pass thru. A lot more important that the EGR delete will be head studs if your gonna push her hard.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

unplug it if you dont get a CEL you can remove the valve and cooler. If your in waranty dont touch it till your out. Unless you get a mod frienly dealer.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Will I fail my emissions test if I do this delete?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
Will I fail my emissions test if I do this delete?
No

As of now we don't an emissions test. We have emission standards and emissions inspecion. All they do is look to see if you CAT is still there and might look to see if your EGR valve is installed. I don't know how your part of CO is but most inspection stations could care less, and if you do, keep the CAT round for that once a year inspection.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroking the oilfield View Post
I am new to diesels only had about a year but read on here things that can be done. Just wondering what the purpose of an egr delete is and is it worth doing?
If you want one of the most complete EGR system delete kit most everyone will agree this is one of the best kits out there.

First Coast Diesel Performance
Old 12-23-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERED SPARKLESS View Post
No

As of now we don't an emissions test. We have emission standards and emissions inspecion. All they do is look to see if you CAT is still there and might look to see if your EGR valve is installed. I don't know how your part of CO is but most inspection stations could care less, and if you do, keep the CAT round for that once a year inspection.
Yeah they're usually just a bunch of pot head kids doing the e-tests here. I haven't gotten to do a diesel emission test yet, just gassers. I do have the cat, and will need to make a nice flanged delete pipe and then add some flanges to my cat so that I can make a quick swap

Where are you from, just curious what kind of laws you have?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
Yeah they're usually just a bunch of pot head kids doing the e-tests here. I haven't gotten to do a diesel emission test yet, just gassers. I do have the cat, and will need to make a nice flanged delete pipe and then add some flanges to my cat so that I can make a quick swap

Where are you from, just curious what kind of laws you have?

Orginal from Uah, but now in North Carolina. Out here they could care less what is on a diesel. Most of the inspection stations don't even know that some diesels have EGR, and CAT's.

I still have my CAT wrapped and stashed away just in cast one day I might need it. I would have get the pipes changed because I have 5" system and the CAT is 3.5" and the conetions are completely diffrent. But then again I don't ever plan on needing it again.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERED SPARKLESS View Post
Orginal from Uah, but now in North Carolina. Out here they could care less what is on a diesel. Most of the inspection stations don't even know that some diesels have EGR, and CAT's.

I still have my CAT wrapped and stashed away just in cast one day I might need it. I would have get the pipes changed because I have 5" system and the CAT is 3.5" and the conetions are completely diffrent. But then again I don't ever plan on needing it again.
So your saying that most test centers just do a visual inspection and then test for opacity and that's it? Colorado emissions are kinda strict, so I may get busted

I still have some pipe left over from the exhaust kit that I installed. I was going to take a portion of that pipe and weld it to my cat and put flanges on it so that the swap isn't a PITA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.