Dick Ceepk FC II not good in snow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dick Ceepk FC II not good in snow

Well I helped my neighbor pick up some new snowmobiles today. We used his newly lifted F350. He has 37" Dick Ceepk FC II on it. They look awesome. Well thats about it. We could hardly move the trailer on level ground in 4WD!!!! Lots of spinning tires with a lot of noise, but no movement. We have always had lifted fords with 37" BFG AT's. Those tires would rip the road up before getting stuck. I think we will be getting some new tires. Has anyone ever tried the BFG MT? How do they work in the snow? This is the second time the FC II have let us down. Once in the mud, and now the snow. Good on the street. But hey, they look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 PM

My Toyo Open Country's work very well, but you can't go wrong with BFG A/T TKO's.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:39 AM

The FC II's are not a snow tire. I have 33x12.5x17's on mine right now and buried it in the yard yesterday... I do live in upstate/central NY and we got hammered with snow though. They are too wide to get good traction, and even offroad the lugs just aren't deep enough to throw anything. They are good on pavement and that's about it. I had to have my buddy come tow me out with his 05 F350, he's running 35x12.5x17 pro come extreme mud terrains. He barely broke loose yanking me out... I'm not impressed with them either. They do better boosted launches than my 34x10.5 super swampers though haha.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
The FC II's are not a snow tire. I have 33x12.5x17's on mine right now and buried it in the yard yesterday... I do live in upstate/central NY and we got hammered with snow though. They are too wide to get good traction, and even offroad the lugs just aren't deep enough to throw anything. They are good on pavement and that's about it. I had to have my buddy come tow me out with his 05 F350, he's running 35x12.5x17 pro come extreme mud terrains. He barely broke loose yanking me out... I'm not impressed with them either. They do better boosted launches than my 34x10.5 super swampers though haha.
it just sucks when the lift dealer swears up and down that the FC II are the best thing since sliced bread. Well thats a ton of money out the window. He may sell the tires and if he does, I will post here. Like you said, they are good on pavement. I used his truck on night in the rain and I didnt even like them in just rain. I think he is going with BFG MT and I may also replace mine at the same time. See if we can get a package deal. Has anyone used the MT in the snow. I have heard they are good.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:31 PM

Hey just put on some bf mud km2's 285/17 so far I love em. Was worried they would noisy, louder then at's, but much quiter than the old mud design.
We have had about 20" of snow this last week in Milwaukee, already using loader to stack snow. Hope that helps.
2004 6.0L F350 4x4 152k miles love my truck.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:20 AM

I'm not a fan of either of the BFG's in AT or MT, at least on these trucks. They worked good on smaller trucks, but they seem to wear very quick on these heavy trucks, and they're expensive to boot. I'm going with Nittos for my next tire. I've heard nothing but good about them.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:40 AM

No mater what the tire. The wider you go the worse it will handle the snow and ice! Your just creating a larger area that the tire has to push through.

One tire to seriously look in to is the General Graber AT2's. I've owned many sets and they are superiour to bfg at's. Including price! Every set I've had has lasted double what my old bfg at's did. And if your looking for longevity toyo's are not the one to pic. Wear verry fast and not worth the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.