hydroboost brake system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
03f250stroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Question hydroboost brake system

whats up guys, been having some braking issues with the truck, i have replaced everything, down to pads, rotors, caliper, lines. the thing is whenever i get on the go pedal and then have to brake after, or if i power brake the truck then it starts to whine. the pedal like tingles and seems like it vibrates when you push it down, im wondering if the hydroboost is bad? i know they leak sometimes if they are but i dont have any fluid leaking anywhere unless it just goes into the booster?!?! i know no idea, i figured i would ask some of you guys. maybe someone has replaced it. if thats the case then i have no problem replacing it, i just want a good braking truck again.

thanks in advanced guys!

-Evan

6.HO
tuned by Eric
12.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Yeah, but your trucks a freak of nature...
03f250stroke is offline  
post #2 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Mod Newbie

 
dhanna6powerstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 13,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 141 Times in 133 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
whats up guys, been having some braking issues with the truck, i have replaced everything, down to pads, rotors, caliper, lines. the thing is whenever i get on the go pedal and then have to brake after, or if i power brake the truck then it starts to whine. the pedal like tingles and seems like it vibrates when you push it down, im wondering if the hydroboost is bad? i know they leak sometimes if they are but i dont have any fluid leaking anywhere unless it just goes into the booster?!?! i know no idea, i figured i would ask some of you guys. maybe someone has replaced it. if thats the case then i have no problem replacing it, i just want a good braking truck again.

thanks in advanced guys!
Could be a power steering pump issue.

dhanna6powerstroke is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
460+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Liberty,In
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check the fluid level, if its full then its probably the pump. Does it whine when you turn the steering wheel? If it does its definatly the pump.

99 F350 4x4 dually
7.3 w/K&N af
4" exh into 6" Aussies stacks
4"lift &35" tires
CC mod HP crossover line
Beans stage II 120hp injectors
D66 turbo
ITP regulated return
reburn on TS= 25,high idle,60,100,120,140hp
updated ecm (2000 model)
Dyno#'s 360hp and 965 ft lbs trq
460+ is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
03f250stroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
yeah this is what happens, if i get on the go pedal and let off and say hit the brake, then it whines, makes noises when i turn the wheel, brake pedal is real soft, spongy almost. vibrates/tingles when i press it down.

so you guys are saying the power steering pump? arent they linked together, the steering and braking?

-Evan

6.HO
tuned by Eric
12.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Yeah, but your trucks a freak of nature...
03f250stroke is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
sikktruk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: murfreesboro TN.
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the power steering provides the assist for braking just like a Vacuum booster does on passenger car.

platinum edition F250 crewcab, 7.3 powerstroke,8 inch fabtech, 37x13.5x20 kumho m/t, 20x10 A/R teflon thug,6 FOX shocks and stabilizer, stainless toolbox, line-x, 4 inch exhaust, AEM intake, wicked wheel, Dp-tuner, Autometer C2 Gauges, kenwood in dash TV/DVD with navigation, sirius, bluetooth and back up camera, infinity and JL audio speakers, PPI amp, 08 diff cover, braided brake lines, onboard air w/ train horns,E-Z down tailgate

sikktruk01 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Mod Newbie

 
dhanna6powerstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 13,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 141 Times in 133 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
yeah this is what happens, if i get on the go pedal and let off and say hit the brake, then it whines, makes noises when i turn the wheel, brake pedal is real soft, spongy almost. vibrates/tingles when i press it down.

so you guys are saying the power steering pump? arent they linked together, the steering and braking?
You need a new powersteering pump. That will fix your problem.

dhanna6powerstroke is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
03f250stroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
alright, im gonna go with the ps pump then. i just dont want to deal with that terrible sound or crappy braking anymore

-Evan

6.HO
tuned by Eric
12.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Yeah, but your trucks a freak of nature...
03f250stroke is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome