sorry fellas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry fellas

I havent been on here in awhile just checking around but I regret to inform you guys that I got rid of my 03 powerstroke a few monthes ago. I realized the diesel wasnt realy for me and went back to a gasser. But I appreciate all the advise you guys gave me. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its ok if ya sold your rig. It wasnt for you. You can still hang around here tough.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
yeha just cuz ya dont own a diesel at this time doenst ban you from the site
Old 12-11-2008, 01:54 PM

May I ask why diesel isn't for you?

BTW you are still welcome here whether you have a stroke or not
Old 12-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I appreciate that guys. I baught the diesel thinkin I was gonna be towing my mud truck alot and realy didnt need to bc of my buddys tow truck. I dunno I love the sound and power but just missed gas trucks for some reason and it realy wasnt the fuel price like everyone else thaught. But I am gonna hang around and learn more bout them from you guys.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM

right now I'm getting tempted by the new 09 F150. and yes $2.50 diesel sucks when gas is $1.48. And when gas was $4, diesel was $5. Losing battle. I know what you mean.. it's a huge burden financially, and cumbersome to drive if you really don't need this much truck. That and these trucks Stink at off-roading b/c of the size, weight and frame flex. I'm sitting here in the airport, waiting on a delayed flight running a spread sheet on if it's worth ditching this diesel money pit.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah well i made a bad deal when i baught it then made a bad deal gettin rid of it and got a 04 f150 screw that i owe twicw as much on as its worth.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM

ouch. I hear ya. so now you have a $60k '04 F150. Fantastic. That's what I'm making sure doens't happen to me. I want to do the most fiscally cheap option. I was looking at new TRD Crew cab tacos... $31k sticker!!! The 2009 F150 FX4 I'm looking at is $39k sticker. Holy cow. I know.. different trucks. But i'm not fond of the new yota interiors. Heck, even a nice used 06 F150 with about 36k on it is going for $21k. It's sickening thinking how much money we spend on "transportation".
Old 12-11-2008, 08:04 PM

My cousin is trading his 05 F250 on a new 09 F150 because of the ridiculous diesel prices. The new F150s are nice looking I must admit.

I did the math myself, and even with a gas engine averaging 10 MPG, it's still cheaper than running our trucks even like grandpa. Diesel is 70% more than gas here. We would be a lot better off with the V10. I know somebody with a crew cab 4x4 V10 F250. He gets about 10-12 in town and 14-15 on the road. The best I can do is 15 something in town and 20 or so on the road driving very conservatively.

I've been thinking of trading my truck on a new car and selling my gas mileage car and using the money to buy an older 98-99 F150 to work out of.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM

same thing happened 2 my dad... he got rid of his 6.0 cause he was " too old for a diesel" and that he "loves his quiet, easy starting, cheap gasoline f-150" lol he also had his blow heads, have egr problems, and a fuel pump go out in his when i've had no problems life was just easier for him with his f150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.