I AM NOT HAPPY!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!

Ok so my transmission went to crap on me last week. I was driving slow and not beating the truck at all.... I was doing about 30mph, and at less than 1/8 throttle... Heard a clunk, and it coasted to a stop. Anyways, had the truck towed to the dealer. Dealer finally calls me back today...

Well we have your transmission torn apart here, but its not covered under warranty... you're out of the 3/36

I say well its standard 5/100 for the motor and 5/60 for the powertrain...

They say, No it's not. The motor they are agreeing with, the transmission they are not. Said that its standard 3/36 on the tranny, I'm at 40K right now. I dont even understand how it broke, I do highway driving, and it broke at 30mph, I dont tow and have never hooked to anything bigger than a jeep cherokee for ditch removal.

Where do I go from here, I know there is 5/60 on the powertrain, is there some ford bulletin I can have them look up...? Im at a total loss right now. I have no loaner car, its christmas season and I dont have the money to pay for this. I shouldn't have to be even worrying about this, I've seen it a million times that the warranty is 5/60 for powertrain, how do I prove it to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 AM
I have excessive flatulance!!

Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
And i believe if your the original owner it should be longer than that... i would call and talk to the service manager did they take apart the tranny without telling you? Did you even ok them to take he tranny out?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 AM

I bought the truck used from another ford dealer, the truck had 14,700 when I bought it. They told me at that dealer that I had 5/100 on motor and 5/100 on powertrain, which I knew was incorrect, it is 5/60 on powertrain. The truck broke, I had it towed to this dealer in the middle of the night (my buddy towed me, I was about 1000 feet away from the dealer) and I went in the next morning and told them it was broke and needed to be fixed (it wont move forward or backward under power right now). I told them to fix it, KNOWING that its still under warranty.... WTF!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Serving Our Country!

How much are they saying it's going to be?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
How much are they saying it's going to be?
They didn't say anything about price. I'm not paying a dollar more than the $100 deductible. If they wont warranty it, they can roll it right back out into the parking lot and I'll be putting a call into suncoast. This is crap. I KNOW this is warrantied! I just need the proof! WTF! I shouldn't have to prove to the dealer that my stuff is under warranty, you'd think they'd be the ones telling me that it is...

I am so mad I am shaking right now.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:59 AM

From what I remember when I bought my '06 the 6/60 powertrain was something that Ford rolled out mid-model year and is covered under Ford ESP depending on the serviced date of the vehicle (I think 1 July is the date but I'm not sure on that), though it does have to be transferred to a subsequent owner (I think its a $50 fee).

Good luck getting your truck fixed.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:06 AM

See you would think the original dealer I bought the truck from would have transferred it for me, or at least let me know I had to pay to do it!? Nope, there was no question they told me while I was signing the papers that it was 5/100 and 5/100 which I knew was wrong, its 5/100 motor and 5/60 tranny. I guess I have to call the dealer I got it from.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Call ford motor company. I called them to verify the in service date of my used vehicle and they were able to give me all the details of my warranty including roadside, bumper to bumper, and powertrain. The number should have been in your warranty manual in the glove box.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJSMAN6 View Post
Call ford motor company. I called them to verify the in service date of my used vehicle and they were able to give me all the details of my warranty including roadside, bumper to bumper, and powertrain. The number should have been in your warranty manual in the glove box.
Just called the dealer I got it from and spoke with the general manager. He started giggling and before I even finished my story he goes "yeah it's covered" "Hold on let me put you in touch with service department, they'll get it straightened out..." So I talk to the guy in service.... "No its not covered.... let me look here.... not all are covered... says here its got the ESP 60 months 60,000 miles on the powertrain, but its in the original owners name..."

SO the guy says then he'll have the general mangager call and find out whats going on, and then while I had him on the phone I finally made my appointment to go get my headstuds put in... I'm irritated and happy at the same time... AHHHHHHHH
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM

yeah it should be warrantied. what a joke. they're blowing you smoke these jokers at your dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.