Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Noob

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Ryan Rønning 
#1 ·
Hey, folks.

I'm Gary; a total noob here.

I'm in the charlotte, NC metro area (outside the city, thank God).

I've had my F250 Crew 4x2, 6.0 for a year and a half now.

Love it! It's the only vehicle we have that my dog, Ralphie, will ride in.
And he gets the WHOLE back seat!!!

Can't believe I spent over 20 grand for a vehicle for my dog :rofl:

Anyhooooooo.....

Will my truck have a block heater installed from the factory or is that something I have to install???

Thanks

#5 ·
Will my truck have a block heater installed from the factory or is that something I have to install???
I remember reading on here some place that all the 6.0s have the block heater installed, though not all have the AC cord connected. Check around, behind the right front bumper to see if its there..

And welcome the the ORG

#6 ·
Hey, welcome to the org!!! and definitely check out our CPA section. We're having a g2g/wrench day in winston salem this sat.:thumb:

As to the block heater question, you can check to see if you do. If it is in the same place as the 7.3's, it should be above the oil filter:thumb:

It may or may not have the cord attached.

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I found this in the bulletin section:

2005 Block Heater Option:
All 2005 F-Series and Excursions with the 6.0 PowerStroke have a block heater installed on the engine. However, the cord for the block heater must be ordered as an option (code 41H). The cord is installed on vehicles originally sold in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missori, North and South Dakota, and Wyoming. Broadcast Message 1512, 3090.

Looks like I have one; just have to check if the previous owner installed a cord.

On another note, this global warming is killing me :tard:

Our average temps are about 7* below normal. :doh:

I just changed the oil and put 15W40 in and it might be too thick :( :doh:

Looks like 5W30 or 40 now :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.