Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best exhaust

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  knuckledragger5 
#1 ·
Heys guys i was wondering what the best exhaust would be for my truck or the best sounding one

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I love mine it's a MBRP 6212...4" no cat just muffler...i went with the stainless steel version

#4 ·
MBRP 4" turbo back to 6" stack is what I run. Straight pipe. I love the sound of it. Some people say it drones but I like the range of sound. To each their own really.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: mike01844
#6 ·
Mine came with a 4" MBRP no cat no muffler and I like it but a buddy of mine has a 5" and you can really hear the difference. I'm going 5" when I get the chance.

#10 ·
I would like to change mine too, however it don't want the noise. Just cooler egts and perhaps slightly improved performance.

Most seem to have the drone that I hate.

#12 ·
^ Everybody uses the term "drone" for basically ANY noticeable deep exhaust tone that they get tired of hearing.

And keep in mind everyone has a different opinion on if there exhaust has any or not.

#18 ·
mine sounds deep and has a nice rumble to it...it isnt annyoing

#20 ·
Ill take a couple and post them up

#21 ·
I have a 4 inch magnaflo and it's awesome no cat I have the muffler on it. I get ppl saying it sounds great all the time

#23 ·
I just did the MBRP 4" turbo back (muffler and stock cat) I live in california so I have to smog it in July. I went with aluminized because we have 300+ days of sunshine. Sounds awesome with no drone, which was my goal. Bought it on Amazon for less than 300 shipped. Good luck bud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.