Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Riffraff price question

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Soledad 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, maybe I'm missing something here but there's a bit of difference in the price depending on how you order the CAC boots and metal CAC tube.

1. Drivers Side Metal Intercooler CAC Tube Kit without riffraff boots + Complete Riffraff CAC Intercooler Boot Kit = $243.42
2. Drivers Side Metal Intercooler CAC Tube Kit with riffraff boots + Riffraff CAC Intercooler Hot Side Boot Kit = $257.75

I was wanting to do red boots for the hot side and blue boots for cold side (yeah, I know, dumb, but that's just me).

I know the difference is only $14.33 but why is there a difference? I would think the price should be identical.

Shawn

#2 ·
You have to understand that this metal tube in the "kit" is actually a Ford factory part (available for $149.63 at your local Ford dealer). Part number 6C3Z6C646A.
If you want riff-raff boots, they charge you more for their boots.

#3 ·
Oh yeah, I knew it was a Ford part.

Well, I just saw the light. The full boot kit is less expensive than ordering the two boot kits separately. Duh. Pretty much going to be that way anywhere with any product.

#6 ·
Well, I just saw the light. The full boot kit is less expensive than ordering the two boot kits separately. Duh. Pretty much going to be that way anywhere with any product.
Yeah, retailers do that to encourage you to buy more and it's true everywhere like you say.

You have kind of a unique request, although not a very complicated one. Perhaps if you contact them directly they can accommodate you.

#5 ·
^I agree why use plastic when u can have metal

#7 ·
You have kind of a unique request, although not a very complicated one. Perhaps if you contact them directly they can accommodate you.
Actually, I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and found two red CAC boots for the hot side and 2 blue CAC boots for the cold side. Because of this, they will get a lot more of my business.

Oh, and these boots are awesome. I cleaned all the pipe ends up with degreaser and alcohol until there wasn't a bit of grime on them and then installed everything. I'm very confident those boots are NOT going to slip off.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.