Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

H&S Mini maxx or SCT SF3

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dieselsrule 
#1 ·
Hi guys!
I´m new with the powerstroke world and i would like to get some info for my truck. It´s a -03 6.0 with some issues conserning injectors and transfer pump. I had a SCT running with tow tune and the truck just died :-( After repairing i have just run it with stock. It works fine but mileage is just terrible. So I´m asking you guys if i should go to H&S Mini Maxx or stick to SCT ( and run a tune )? I like the idea of H&S to monitor what is going on in the engine and trans. Thanks allready. :)

#2 ·
I would stick with sct look at their live wire if you want a 2 in one

#4 ·
Stick with sct with custom tunes. I liked gearhead but lots if other options for tuning , get something to monitor and run rev x or arch oil .

#6 ·
I had the Mini Maxx on my 03 6.0 and had to remove it after a few months. Updated the mini maxx and within a couple weeks started having problems of dead miss while cruising & very difficult starts. Returning to stock didn't help. Had to have dealer reset engine control module to fix problem. Was informed that 6.0 doesn't like the shift on the fly. About to go with SCT Livewire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.