Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo cool down timer

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  WarChild 
#1 ·
Who's got a cool down timer? How hard to install? How long does it it leave the engine running.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
I had one on a Edge Juice Platinum. Pulled it for a SCT when I deleted the EGR on an 06. I liked the Edge a lot. Timer could be set based on EGT temp or time. I used EGT temp. That system was easy to install and cool down time varied anywhere from 20 seconds to a few minutes.

#3 ·
I was told by a customer who is a diesel mechanic that my turbo showed evidence of early shutdown while hot. I guess he was saying the turbine wheel can become compromised if shutdown hot very often. I have the Livewire LS. Don't suppose it has this option.

-Rodger

#4 ·
Ive got the Edge Cts with the turbo timer set up. The egt sensor was no were near as hard to install that I thought it was gonna be. Just take your time. And no I didn't remove the manifold. Plenty of videos on you tube about how to do it.
In stall of actual timer was very easy.
During the winter I can run my shut down according to temps but in the summer I run off of time. I run mine now for 1 minute after shut down.
Very cool little tool and now I don't feel guilty when I shut it down too soon. But it does feel weird to walk away from a running truck.

#7 ·
I let mine cool down every time I shut the truck down. (between my altitude (6000'+) and running a ATLAS 40 tune my egt's are hot)

#8 ·
#9 ·
I ended up switching to the time feature rather than the temp feature. I had it at 360 but now that the weather is warming up it would take to long to get there.

#10 ·
There are a lot of differing opinions on the temp but I have mine set at 400* and it seems to be good..(so far)

#11 ·
350 for me and I'm in Florida, I wait but make sure your A/C is off it will cool down a whole lot faster.

#12 ·
I am running the edge turbo timer in conjunction with my CTS. Issue I'm having on my 04 350 is at some point my brother inlaw was messing with the fuses and now the timer doesn't work anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.