Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Brakes & Rotors Advice

804 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sinner6.0L 
#1 ·
I have been told the rotors on my 2004 F350 are good for one turn and then probably need to be replaced. Needless to say I will confirm this before a purchase. I'm looking for advice on some quality replacement parts. I'm looking to tow a 14,000lb fifth wheel soon and want to make sure I can't stop when I need to.
Thanks!!!

#2 ·
I am gonna give my vote for OEM. I researched aftermarket options and I figured my OEM stuff lasted this long so I figured why not?

#3 ·
I have machined countless super duty rotors and it all comes down to the condition of the rotor to begin with. Any runout or excessive rust ridges will not allow the rotor to be cut. Rust is the big killer, once it gets too deep it's basically impossible to get underneath to clean metal.

Super duty rotors are pretty thick. You could probably cut a rotor 3-4 times as long as it's not overheated or subjected to any kind of abnormal wear. If you are towing 14k I wouldn't even risk it, just replace them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.