Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ESOF T-case to manual shift

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Oilylizard 
#1 ·
Found a smokin' deal on a manual shift case and was wondering if anyone has done this swap or maybe had a right-up on it? I would really like to do away with the ESOF/Vacuum BS.

#2 ·
u can do away with the vacuum now and use your hubs like the manual only version just plug the ports at the knuckles and at the solenoid

the transfer case isn't usually a problem area but I have heard u just need a floor plate
boot all that and then the transfer case parts are interchangeable
I have not done this but did read a post

#3 ·
u can do away with the vacuum now and use your hubs like the manual only version just plug the ports at the knuckles and at the solenoid
That was my original plan, but I'm getting this manual case for cheaper than what a motor for the elec shift would cost to replace if it ever went out. So I'm thinking just go manual and be done with it. And who doesn't like the look of a t-case shifter on the floor? :thumb:

#5 ·
I would assume, you would just swap out t-case. Put the plate in place on the floor. Hopefully there's a knock out, or cut the hole for the shifter, and hook up the linkage. Should be pretty straight forward. Then just remove the esof from he dash and put the blank plate.

Reactions: Oilylizard
#6 ·
Thats what I'm hoping for. I'm pretty sure there's a plate to remove for shifter so no floor cutting hopefully. I'm wondering if I will be able to make my lights in dash still function though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.