Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injectors or something? Im so lost and back to square one...

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Bluedemon6.0 
#1 ·
I have had sticky injectors with my custom tune but not my stock tune, i got the strategy on my custom tune changed and it seemed to fix my stiction, so i thought it just may be my first tune, but ive ran my new custom tune for two weeks and now im starting to have sticky injectors again, somebody lead me on the right path, im not getting any codes, i need this fixed, im tired of it jumping on me at every stop light and then sputtering and dieng right infront of a lot of people

Ad ill go ahead and mention, i have 1000 miles til the oil gets changed again, and today when it was doing it worst, it was the coldest its been since i got the custom tune, it was around 45 today, before weve been hitting temps in 50-70 range

And does anybody know if places charge to get the injectors buzz tested?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[

#4 ·
Mine did the same thing try a different weight of oil. For some reason my truck does not like t6 5w40 or 15w40 it prefers t5 10w30. I don't know why it just does, the truck runs real smooth for some reason. I think the next oil change I'm going to try 15w40 with anchor oil.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Check all the plugs on ficm sound like my truck when the ficm went bad !!

#13 ·
And im doing new head gaskets and new studs here soon, so while im waiting on heads to be machined ill clean the injectors the right way, hopefully my problem will be completely fixed then, but why would my truck run rough when plugged up and warm than if its now plugged up and cold, it doesnt make sense, it seems to me that its an electric issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[

#16 ·
Mine would jump from 500 to 1200 rpm and would only do it when the truck was hot. It would run top notch just have a fluctuating idle. Mine was just the type of oil. I have read several post and seen you tube video, no where have I seen one particular solution fix this problem. I think every truck is different but if it is your ficm it will get worse. I would think cleaning the spool valve would be the right fix, unless you have a ficm problem. Good luck on the stud job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.