Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Time to do the heads.

645 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NYC F-350 
#1 ·
Well, I think it is time to do the heads on the truck. I am noticing coolant loss and white residue around the degaus bottle every time I push the truck. I have no visible leaks and I already replaced the cap. On top of the I have already done and EGR delete so I know that is not the problem either. I have no other signs besides the coolant loss that the heads are blown but since everything else has been either repaired or upgraded it looks like all that is left that it can be is the heads.

So here is the thing, I am not an advanced mechanic. I have started working on my truck more and more but the most complicated thing I have done is probably the blue spring upgrade, which is very easy.

I have read a ridiculous amount of posts about the gasket job and I think I am going to give it a shot in my driveway. I am definitely going to be leaning on the forum to help get me through this!

My first questions is, what parts do I need. I read the sticky thread about the part list but I have already had most of those fixes done. I blew my HPOP about a year ago and the SCT fitting was updated as well as many other of the updates. Additionally, I have had a new oil cooler put it and my deltas are about 8 degrees so that looks good.

From what I can tell I will need to get:

ARP Head Studs: 250-4202 - $400-$450

18mm OEM Head Gaskets: 3C3Z 6051 CB need 2 - sunrisefordparts.com $147.60 each, $295.20 total for both. Comes with new updated standpipe, new gasket and head locating dowels (each gasket has one of each and 10 TTY bolts).

ARP Ultra Torque Lube 10oz bottle with brush*

What else do I need to get if I am just doing the head gaskets?

Thanks in advance for any help and if there is anyone in the San Diego, CA area that wants to give me a hand I would love some help and would be more than willing to slide some cash your way to compensate your time!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.