Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

buying 05 truck (new to forum)

869 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Stiles 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm about to buy an 05 dually with the PSD 6.0 engine. I will be looking at it Tuesday and was wondering if someone could pull an oasis report on it for me. The VIN# is 1FTWW33P85EC09130 . I'll also will be taking an OBD2 scanner with me but not sure what I should be looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
Mark

#5 ·
It has 95k miles on it and I don't have a clue what the service history is. The truck is at a chevy dealer so I didn't ask them about an oasis report. The salesman didn't know the history of the truck. The dealer is asking 23k for the truck and I offered 19K which he refused. It's been about a week so I think he is firm on his bottom price. I was thinking of upping my offer to 21K and see if he bites. It's a king ranch 4x4.

#6 ·
NADA list this truck at $21,150. Look it up yourself before you make another offer.
New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides
I usually go look at a vehicle, get all the info about it, then go there to see what it's worth. I print that out and then go back. Unless the dealer's a total arse, he will work with you when u show him what it's actually worth. Chances are he already knows what it's truely worth, but he will take every single person that walks on his lot to the cleaners with miss-information every chance he can get. Good luck.

#7 ·
That price is kinda high. Even @ 19K. Without a bunch of new stuff/parts. But if they don't know anything about the truck I would keep looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.