Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Got my sct x4 with gearhead tunes, have a question

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SargentoPistola 
#1 ·
I was at the mechanics and he loaded the srl+ but he moved all shift pressures up 25 percent. I didnt like how it shifted so this morning i selected the same tune then adjusted pressures back to 0 like it was then loaded the tune. Was that the correct way of doing it or did i need to go back to stock first? I figured if matt made it a certain way thats the way it should be, why have it messed with? I didnt see a way of adjusting the shift pressure wkthout reloading the tune. Thanks

#2 ·
I'm not sure on the preferred method of changing tunes either. I would assume that changing tunes without returning to stock would be okay since the device is married to the truck. I've always returned to stock first though, just to be sure. However, you do have to let the tune learn shift points. It takes a little driving for the shifts to find their final place. You didn't really give a time frame from when the mechanic loaded the tune originally.

#3 ·
It was saturday morning when tune was put on. This morning after reloading it, the truck shiftef a lot better. I also noticed yesterday it would smoke a lot before shifting and today it doesnt but still has tons of power. Love the driveability of this tune on the low end but power up top, deep in throttle. I was just concerned on the process of changing back the pressures and not returning to stock first. I figured it wouldnt matter because you can go straight to another tune without going back to stock.

#4 ·
not a problem to change tunes with out returning it to stock , I do it all the time with no issues and also researched the same topic a while ago and was told its ok to do

#5 ·
The guy that set your shift pressures to 25% does not know what he is doing. You did the right thing to put them back to 0. If after the trans goes through it's relearn and you find that there is a gear that you want to shift firmer then bump the pressure up by. 5% until you like it.

sent from my Samsung S4

#6 ·
As far as going back to stock before loading another tune here is how I understand it.

It doesn't matter if the truck is set to "stock." The tuner has no real idea. It will load a program to the computer, meaning it will adjust all setting on the computer to whatever is in the tune. Stock or not doesn't matter.

Now why it matters to reset it back to stock and I believe unmarrying before taking it to service is in case they re flash to a different strategy while it is there. If they do that the tuner will be worthless on that vehicle because it thinks it's a different one it was married to your previous strategy.

I may have missed a detail, or I could be in left field. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.