Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Vibration and humming in low gear

919 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MurderedStroker 
#1 ·
So about 3 weeks ago I started getting a low humming or vibrating noise coming from under my center console where the transmission would be. Its only in the low gears and goes away when I get on it. Havent expirienced slipping and truck runs fine. Gonna get it checked out monday. Anybody got any ideas? :dunno:

#2 ·
is this an auto or manual?

#3 ·
Its an auto transmission. Havent yet narrowed it down to what it might be but truck runs fine, shifts smooth, no loss of power. Havent had time to take it anywhere to get it checked out.

#5 ·
Thanks a lot Im going to check it tomorrow. At this point Im just looking for anything it could be. Gotta drive across the country Monday so I want to make sure its nothing to crazy.

#6 ·
Ok i checked the U joints and don't have any play or movement. I put it in park and revved it up slowly an still heard the vibration so I got underneath and checked the exhaust and it's rubbing up against part of the frame, slightly bending it. Don't know if this is normal but just an idea. Trying to upload a pic but having a tough time on my phone

#8 ·
My truck did the same thing when I took left turns since it was just barely touching a cross member down there. I just loosened the clamps and pushed the L-shaped pipe up and tightened the clamp back down. Fixed :thumb:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.