Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil cooler replacement

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  NYC F-350 
#1 ·
So after hard argument and massive failure I have resigned to the fact that the garbage dorman oil cooler I installed needs to go!....I have realized the folly of my ignorance ( before I knew of this forum) and need it replaced. Where can I buy an OEM cooler on the cheap OR is an IPR cooler better? (Not talking about the remote IPR). I have done a RESTORE flush but not RESTOR+. That being said what's the smart thing to do?......I plan on a BPD kit in the future but would like to be solid this year. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
Its a lot of work to do, even if you do it yourself. when my oem egr and cooler went bad i faced the same dilema. I went with the fully bulletproof BPD system and couldnt be happier, granted i cant afford a Carli lift anymore (at least for a while) but the peace of mind it provides is invaluable. I know BPD sells the oem cooler and you can buy it in a BPD kit with a bulletproof egr cooler (semi bulletproof kit) for about 930$ then when you decide to go with the BPD oil cooler you can just buy the rest of the system later for 1500$ when\if the oem cooler fails...

#3 ·
You basically named my problem, I can do a BPD kit but not today but in 7 or 8 months so what should I do now? I only do long drives with the truck.

#4 ·
Its your money and your truck man, cant tell yah that but if your oil cooler is bad your egr cooler probably needs to be replaced too. you can test to see if they have both failed. with the semi bulletproof kit you get their egr cooler that has a part only lifetime warranty so if you at least get that in there that will be something. Check out their website or give them a call, they spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone. they do sell just the oem cooler by itself as well. A good tech will be able to tell you the state of yoyr system and test your heads. Nothing about these trucks are cheap and quality parts are rarely cheap so its up to you. When your 300 miles from home how much is peace of mind worth. I know it hurts I went all out and about threw up when I handed over all my hard earned cash.

#5 ·
I deleted my EGR and did head studs, the truck runs right. As listed in my sig. I'm looking for the cheapest place to get an OEM cooler. I've seen IPRs so just ask'n.

#8 ·
turbo feed line ___________ 3C3Z-9T516-A
oil cooler kit ____________ 3C3Z-6A642-CA
turbo drain line __________ 6C3Z-9T515-A
turbo cleaning kit ________ 4C4Z-9V424-AA
EGR cooler gaskets/seals __ 3C3Z-9433-AB
intake gasket (x2) ________ 3C3Z-9439-AA

That's the list I had when I did mine. You can pick and choose what you need/want.
AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake Parts (previously Tousley Ford Parts)

#7 ·
Tousley ford, which now goes by a different name but if you search tousley ford it'll still come up, I think it's white bear or something like that. Also sunrise ford who is a sponsor on here. They both have the best prices for a ford oem cooler I've seen.

#9 ·
iirc IPR does not sell their "upgraded" oil cooler anymore.

sent from my Samsung S4

#10 ·
#12 ·
That's what I was thinking.

#14 ·
For the extra $50 bucks, it might be worth it to get it from "the dealer formerly known as Tousley", just to be sure. $290.29

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.