Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front ABS Sensor Replacement Procedure

10K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  2005F4506L 
#1 ·
There has been quite a few of these lately in the shop for front ABS sensors which is weird because all we used to do was rear ABS sensors on these, anyway I made a quick video showing just how to change it out. Simple job but some like to see just how involved it is.

#4 ·
15 minutes, tops, including the time it takes to remove the wheel and put it back on..if you do it in your driveway.
You undo a couple plastic pieces that hold the wire to a couple spots, remove one allen screw, unplug the wire...reverse procedure.
If you can't pull this off, you need to hand over your man-card.

#5 ·
Took me about a half hour. Including time to BS with my buddies and have a beer

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
Ok thanks a lot guys. I don't know why they need the car for that long. Needed new ball joints and new rear brakes and calipers. They took it around the block and said abs light came on. Guessing they screwed it up. Wouldn't have taken my truck to their shop but it was the only place that would give me a certification sticker the way it is

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
My abs light is coming on intermittently. Does it have to be scanned by IDS or Autoengenuity or will a standard scanner be able to pull the abs code?

thanks

#8 ·
If you have a hard code, -check engine light on or abs light on any code reader should report it.

Soft codes require a better device. I use forscan on my laptop with an elm327 usb adapter to read soft codes, because I am too cheap to buy anything else. :look:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.