Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

dfuser coolant filter install

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Fantom 
#1 ·
Hello,

After installing the dfuser coolant filter I've found that its not the most secure installation. The bracket that slides behind the rubber piece isn't the most secure and the bolt that goes through the bracket just lays inside the hole on the metal upright.

Is something wrong? Seems wrong to me but I'm not seeing it

#2 ·
I installed mine and it's pretty secure. Are you sure you put the bottom of the bracket through the large hole ? Are you using the nuts on the bracket?

Here is the only picture I have of mine.

Attachments

#3 ·
It is in the big hole. It just sits in there though. Maybe I'm missing some parts.

#4 ·
I'm not sure then. Do you have any pictures of what it looks like? Mine mounted up really easily and I pulled and pushed to check it out. Overall I'm please with mine, just use some RTV on the threaded parts to seal it up, tape sucks.

#5 ·
Does the bolt just sit inside the big hole and the top slides in the rubber and is tightened down. It seems like the bottom should have something to hold it tight. I can pull the bottom out and then the top price would slide right off. It seems like their should be a plate behind the big hole to tighten onto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.