Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

injector refurbish

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
Working on pulling my 167,000 mile 6.0 ('04) so i can overhaul/bulletproof. I didn't have any indication that my injectors were going bad (sorry, at my knowledge level, thats pretty binary--"it work or it don't"), but since I'm ripping this engine down to the block, should I have my injectors "tested" or refurbished? Is there even such a service? :dunno:

#2 ·
Check out Warren Diesel.

Reactions: roadie821
#3 ·
#4 ·
I called Patrick at Warren Diesel. We talked about refurbishing my injectors from the stock 135cc to 155cc. Said they'll give me a full report on the state of my injectors before and after. The upgrade also comes with a custom tune for SCT...so guess I need to buy one of these too...unless there's a way to flash your truck using a laptop...

#5 ·
I called Patrick at Warren Diesel. We talked about refurbishing my injectors from the stock 135cc to 155cc. Said they'll give me a full report on the state of my injectors before and after. The upgrade also comes with a custom tune for SCT...so guess I need to buy one of these too...unless there's a way to flash your truck using a laptop...
Going to have the get the SCT Tuner....

#11 ·
Along with the upgraded injectors (135 to 155cc), they are recommending I get the 6.4 fuel line banjo bolts as well. Anyone have any experience with this setup on a 6.0? been there done that?

#12 ·
#13 ·
Not to thread jack but what will jumping to a 155 do as far as performance/fuel mileage?

#14 ·
That ain't no jack, hell I want to know myself...Perhaps I outta just stick with the stock and no mod. The more I think of it, I might just do that...saves me from buying an SCT as well.

But I still would like opinions...is the 135-155cc jump anything special?

My goal: working truck with longevity...and good MPG...thats it.

#16 ·
I've got a super chips flashpaq and have some of their "tunes"...prolly not as fancy as the SCT, but really ain't got the jingle to drop another $350 yet.

#18 ·
I'd say buy the SCT Livewire LS and keep the rest stock. I put the SCT on my '04 6.0L which had a damaged exhaust turbin and stuck vanes, and it felt like twice the power and no flutter. All it did before that was flutter if you gave it more then 1/4 throttle. Could not hardly run at highway speeds. Just the SCT and it's street tune (included) made it go like it was on fire and shifts were even better. Got a new stock turbo on the way and expect it to do even better.

-Rodger

#20 ·
bump: what does the 155 upgrade accomplish? Am I going to see a night and day difference? Is it really worth it? Or should I just stay stock? I'm not trying to accomplish anything over and above the ordinary (towing up to 10-12K every blue moon). Not interested in going faster, just good diesel mileage. I'm your quintessential "lil old lady on Sunday" driver.

#22 ·
Going up to a 155 is a mild power increase. About 25-30hp, However like everyone mentioned. In order to properly use them a custom tune is required.

#23 ·
so guess since I don't have the jingle for the SCT I shouldn't do? Or would it be bad to get the big *** upgrade to 155/30 and just not be able to take advantage of it until I get the SCT? Would that be bad?

#24 ·
It wont hurt anything. But it will be a little smokey. Id just save up until you can get both

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.