Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Just Bought 04 F250, Few Questions?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  larosagraphics 
#1 ·
Im a diesel Newb and need help from you experts. I bought a 04 F250 this week to tow our bumper pull camper. I was not even looking at 6.0's but came across this one and it was extremely clean, local sell. The guy stated that it had been studded and EGR delete among other things. The truck runs fantastic.

He had over $17K in invoices from the original (First) owner. In skimming through these invoices I noted "EGR Restrictor" and "Replaced Headgasket" so I assumed it had been deleted and studded. At the time of purchase I did not know what to look for under the hood so I was relying on the invoice and word from this second owner.

Now to my question. All these items have been replaced per invoices in last 30K miles: New brakes and drums: Valve Cover Gaskets: EGR Valve: EGR Kit: 8 Injectors: EGR Cooler: Oil Cooler: Head Gaskets: All Ball Joints: Shocks and Struts: Transmission: High Pressure Oil Pump: Batteries: Alternator. After looking at this forum all weekend I noted several threads/pics on the EGR delete and head studs. I compared with my Truck and don't think I have either of them? Can you experts confirm per attached pics, sorry for pics it was dark outside.

I don't think I have a bad Truck as over $17K worth of parts just replaced, I just don't want to be on the paying end of those parts again down the road. Thanks for your time. Truck has 200K miles and most all repair was at 170K miles.

Auto part Engine Fuel line Pipe Automotive engine part

Auto part Automotive fuel system

See less See more
#4 ·
What is that extra wire (red) on the connector going to your vgt solenoid? To me it looks like the egr is in place but the ends could be welded to something. As far as checking studs I believe you could pull the valve cover and check the fasteners but I'll let someone with more knowledge chime in

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
As the picture that juniorssrollin posted, you can see it is a nut on a stud, and the stud has the "ARP" engraving/stamping on it... if you see a bolt in your engine and not the nut/stud combination... you have your answer. And again, no need to remove anything to see this...

#10 ·
On the bottom front corner of the valve cover on the driver side is one of the easier places to check to see if you have studs or bolts.

#11 ·
not sure if the 04 is different from my 05 6.0 but i can see the bolt/stud well on the passenger side...

front lower side of the head is visible and there is a clear view of the bolt as in my case....

follow the front left lower corner of the valve cover down and the bolt is right there...

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.