Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new heads

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  gone6.0 
#1 ·
#3 ·
They're also recommending Black Onyx headgaskets... Stay away

sent from my Samsung S4

#5 ·
They're also recommending Black Onyx headgaskets.
:hehe: Well that nails it. Cheap imported chinese castings with a set of gaskets that aren't even manufactured anymore because of all the failures. Perfect recipe for disaster.
Does it come with a Dorman Oil cooler also?

#4 ·
They look too good to be true...they probably are.

They spend a lot of space selling how great it is they're new. They don't go into where or how they're made, or by who. The only review is from yesterday and they post says nothing about quality, just that it's great to have new heads. I'd wait it out or contact the seller.

#6 ·
After cruising that site:
Black Onyx headgaskets (discontinued by manufacturer because of high failure rate)
Chinese castings heads (wouldn't consider recommending these to my enemies)
IPR High flow oil cooler (discontinued by manufacturer because of high oil temps)
Dorman Oil Cooler (brilliant R&D which included gaskets that dissolve in oil)

#7 ·
I have to laugh cruising through their site they also have a Dorman plastic cold side inter-cooler pipe for $165 interesting design though no boots.

#8 ·
The plastic tube doesn't use boots...just clamps.
Interestingly enough is that the price for the plastic one is more expensive than the metal tube that comes with the boots and clamps from the dealer.
Anyone that buys that plastic one automatically assumed the dealer is more expensive and that the price of the metal tube must be too high...or they didn't know the metal tube would fit.

Pic of what part number 6C3Z-6C640-AA would get you for $109.00 (retail is just under $165)

#9 ·
Thanks, I just seen the web site, I am getting ready to pull my engine to do gaskets and wanted an opinion on these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.