Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OK I may just be tired but.....

895 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  skanj0 
#1 ·
I am just in the final stages of completing the egr delete, new oil cooler, stc upgrade, coolant filter and waiting for new 4" exhaust. My 2006, 6.0 CC/SB/Duallie with 160K kms has been a wonderful truck since new so decided to keep her and do the above.

I'm may just be really tired but can't seem to figure out how to put on the small serpentine belt for second alternator. It seems to have to go over fan but the clutch fan sensor wire appears to prevent this. What is there a trick? Remove wire? If it is too simple ,then I will stick to my excuse of TIRED.:doh:

Kevin

#2 ·
You are correct. Needs to go over the fan clutch wires and the fan itself. A royal PITA with the stator still in place. I actually unthreaded the fan from the clutch and slipped the belt through there.

#4 ·
Yep, changing the dual belts bites. Single alt trucks are much easier.

Here's a routing if it helps:
Line art Automotive engine part

#6 ·
At the shroud. Unclip the wire connection and then the fan clutch lead rocks upward and then drops toward the radiator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.