Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sct x4

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Azylum 
#1 ·
I seen a new sct x4 on ebay for a pretty good price has anyone had the x4? I've done some reading on here and couldn't find anything?!

#2 ·
Pretty sweet tuner from what Ive seen so far. Wont see much about it yet from members its only been available a couple weeks

#4 ·
I have it. I do not have any previous experience with SCT tuners to give you a comparison though, I like it so far though. I've only ran the canned "street" tune included with it, and it made a definite improvement in the trucks performance. I don't believe it helped my mileage though. I've only ran 1 tank with the tune and I got pretty much the same as I average, about 17 mpg. I tried to run the truck like I always do and not really use the new found performance so that I could see if there was any mileage increase. One tank really isn't a good gauge, so I guess time will tell.

It does work as a monitor, although you can only monitor a maximum of 4 items at a time. You can quickly change the item monitored though. I have a 10" Android tablet and the Torque app for monitoring, so I don't use that function. I may get the EGT probe and use it when towing, but I'll probably just get a regular gauge.

The street tune does give you the option to "turn off" the EGR valve. I assume the other canned tunes do as well, but like I said, I've only ran "street".

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

#6 ·
Shifts maybe a little firmer, not too much. There are options when setting the tune for various shift point and pressure changes. I didn't mess with them on the first run. As for using the tuner as a full time monitor, it's probably not a good idea, unless you live in a rural area and can keep eyes on your truck pretty much all of the time. While a thief can't do a lot with the tuner since it's married to the truck, most of them don't know that. If you end up running customs tunes, they are married to the tuner as well and would have to be repurchased if you got another tuner. Besides, it's not that attractive. I'd recommend the Torque app on an Android device with a Bluetooth OBDII adapter, but there are several other options.

Read this if you haven't already: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/259257-write-up-monitoring-6-0l-psd.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.