Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Coolant question

919 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Term3 
#1 ·
What coolant are you all using? I'm about to get the coolant filter system, and I've heard the international coolant is best to run in this motor. What do you all say?

#3 ·
Just do a search in this section and you'll be reading for days LoL. A lot of good threads about this already out there.

#5 ·
Doing a flush tomorrow, along with some other fun items (Harley lights, aFe intake and HFCm upgrade). Picked up my Zerex ZXED1 from Napa earlier. $65 for 4 gallons. Went to CAT and they wanted $22/gallon, O'Reilly wanted $25 for Final Charge.

#6 ·
I use shell rotella elc-1 no issues

#7 ·
Same here the last change I did, but come to think about it my deltaT is up now after switching from NAPA ELC. Probably not the issue since this is still my original oil cooler.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
Yah but I've been running ELC for years but switched to Shell this last coolant change out. (I change mine every two years even though I know I don't need to and it's a waste of money). Thinking its an additive incompatibility issue. IDK

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.