Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Remote control Kill Switch

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lilpooh 
#1 ·
I want to rig up a remote control on/off switch to a kill switch. Is there anything I need to know about the different switches before I do it ? Say if I use a 12 volt switch the 12v are just to activate the switch right? it wouldn`t increase the voltage in the circuit I was interrupting would it? Any thought`s on this ideal would help. Thanks

#2 ·
Voltage wouldn't change, if you use a switch, like a two position switch, its just a dry contact essentially you're breaking and connecting the wire you cut. Simply put its like you cut the wire and connect the wire again by touching the two wire ends together, switch does the same exact thing.

I'm doing a similar project though this weekend, I bought a ravelco anti theft system, which breaks two anti start circuits, and without the cap to connect the circuits the truck wouldn't start. Ravelco dealer charges well over $500 for everything, but I bought the kit it self from ebay for $70 and I'll be wiring it in this saturday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Just be sure the remote switch is rated for the "amps" of the wire. The FICM power relay wire is 10amp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Stiles
#4 ·
Lilpooh thanks, This is what I plan on using. Will it work? Specs:
Required power source: 12Vdc

Remote response range: ~50ft, response range is depend in operating area, device setup, and remote control battery strength…
Operating Bandwidth: 315MHZ

Remote key fob mode: Latching, on/off, 2 buttons

Relay rated: 12~30VDC@10Amp, 110~250VAC@10Amp, not for use with heavy duty motor or high power lighting application.

Receiver Box Dimension: 1 7/8" x 1 7/8" x 1"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.