Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No electric anything

678 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  strokersixo 
#1 ·
Went to take the truck out a few minutes ago, no electric power at all. No lights, dash, nothing. Haven't drove it in a couple weeks, but had no trouble before. Batteries are about 4 years old, I'm gonna replace them in the morning. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
Yes, took a wire brush all around the posts and terminals. We're pretty clean to begin with. Will dead batteries do this, I'd think at least a light or something would work?

#4 ·
Wound up being the batteries. 2 new dura cells and all better. I did find a wire going to the pass side tail light had a little insulation missing, patched that up.

If any of you have a sams card, go there, way cheaper for a bigger battery. 875 cranking amps at 0*, can't beat that.

#6 ·
For $100 less, I'll try it, lead and acid can't be that much different no matter who builds it.

I figure most people find a brand that works and stick with it or stay away. I've never had good luck out of interstate or diehard, others love them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.