Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bully dog tuner problems

5K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  litterbug 
#1 ·
alright. well for starters my name is zach. this is my first post on powerstroke.org ive done some searching and really cannot find the answer to my problem. so here we go. last week i bought a 05 6.0 F-350 crew cab short bed from a buddy of mine. he used it as his work truck for his concrete business. its got 154xxx miles and still runs pretty strong. it has a bully dog triple dog diesel downloader on it currently and i could definatly tell that it was there when i bought it. step on the gas. shoot a little black smoke and she was at 60 in no time. unfortunatly it was shifting a little rough from 2nd to 3rd which freaked me out so i read that i could disconnect the battery to get the computer to relearn the shift points. so i did. for about 15 minutes. reconnected the battery and took her for a drive. shifts way better but its acting like she lost her tune. way less power than before. i thought that if it was a flash tuner the tune wouldnt be lost if you lost power from the batteries? am i wrong? its just dissappointing to not have that power anymore. and i would reprogram the computer with the programmer but the problem with that is the programmer is broken. i have it but the screen just lights up. wont do anything else. i also have a sct programmer sitting here that i want to put on the truck as well but i need to unlock it first. my buddy said he dropped something on the screen so the programmer will still work but you just cant see what your doing. if somebody could tell me the series of buttons to press to program the truck or return it to stock it would be greatly appreciated. either that or im going to assume the truck is back to stock with how its driving now. and at a later time i wanted to get the bully dog triple dog gt with all the gauge monitors so i dont have to spend another 360 for gauges and the pillar. well im done with complaining to the internet. so if anybody can help me out here id really appreciate it. thanks in advance. zach

See less See more
#5 ·
alright. well ill take your word for it. im new to this damn thing lol. its shifting much better though. it would rev up then slam back into 3rd. freaked the **** out of me the first time. and then to get the computer back to stock when i go with another tuner i can just take it to the dealer and have him reflash it to stock right? i know itll probably cost an hour of labor rate.

#7 ·
sell that terrible thing and buy a sct

#10 ·
lol. small world. Iv probably seen ya at some point then cuz I'm barrington hills/algonquin

Reactions: Kellyrulzz
#11 ·
I just got the truck a week ago so I'm not sure you've seen me. I live on helm in barrington hills. It's a big red crew cab. Beat up bed missing the tailgate. If you see me stop me and say hi!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.