Aftermarket hoods and bumpers. Pics? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket hoods and bumpers. Pics?

I just bought a crap load of stuff for my truck. Some kid local to me needed moeny for his morgage so i got a lot of stuff off of him. I will post pictures tommorow because they are in the garage and a pain in the butt to take out

Here is my hood I bought

Am i going to have any problems running this hood in the rain snow mud, etc. I am hoping the cold air is just goign to come in and cool my turbo. The weather wouldnt matter correct. Is this going to drastically effect my gas mileage. I average around 16 mpg hand calculated now. Even if it does it is still going on there but just figured Id ask

I bought harley headlights and a lowbeam hid kit. How do you install the headlights. is it just four bolts holding it on. Any tips/tricks. also i ahve a hid kit with the balasts and all any particular place you need to mount them.

I also bought a compelte ftx front bumper. it is one piece and has a bottom lip built in. Does anyone have any pictures of any of this. I wont be putting the hood and bumper on until after christmas because I have alot of present to buy; huge family. I dont have to much disposable income at the moment to paint it. how much would you think it would cost to paitn a hood and bumper; they are removed from my truck as well?
Here is a picture; I dunno if I like it or not yet.

I also bought a strut grill off of him. I personally dont liek ti and prolly am going to end up selling this. I dont know who makes it or anyhting does anyone know any companys that make strut grills for superduty's. pictures will be here tommorow; I am at work now.

If anyone has any picutres of any of this stuff mounted on your truck feel free to post pictures. i am excited about getting all this crap but not excited about having to wait to paint it. Any tips or hints would eb greatly appreciated.

Edit here is a pic of my front end

Last edited by jonnysteals; 11-21-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 AM

The hood and the harley headlights would look good on you truck maybe a XLT sport grill painted to match with your billet inserts. The bumper cover I dont know how I feel about it. I actually the think the chrome bumper will look good with the other parts see as how you have the billet grill and chrome wheels.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 AM

The hood will look awesome. I also like the bumper cover, but I'm trying to get everything on my truck body color, so no chrome for me. I still think it would look good with your billet wheels and grill though.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsas View Post
The hood will look awesome. I also like the bumper cover, but I'm trying to get everything on my truck body color, so no chrome for me. I still think it would look good with your billet wheels and grill though.
I love chrome; I could have had black wheels for 1/2 the cost but I only buy chrome wheels. its my weakness. I am going to take my bumper and hood out of the garage and lay it up next to the truck tommorow. i will take some pictures. Its such a tease having thta hood an dnot getting it painted right away. I may be dipping into my ohsit fund to get it painted lol.
I may end up keeping my chrome bumper and selling the aftermarket one. Its so nice and I even have fogligghts already installed. I let it sit out in my yard last night and seagulls took a crap all over it. i dont know whether or not that was a sign or not lol
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
one day at a time

I'd say the hood will look sweet along with the harley lights. I don't think that bumper will look as nice as your factory one does. Stick with what you've got and a nice clean look IMO.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
I'd say the hood will look sweet along with the harley lights. I don't think that bumper will look as nice as your factory one does. Stick with what you've got and a nice clean look IMO.
lol that is my though on it. I bought it just in case I would like it. I love the clean look I ahve right now. I really love my front end with my grill that i currently ahve. i am def selling the other grill because i dotn like it. I am gonna take some pics tommorow. i may end up selling the bumper. How much would a reasonable price be. It has fog lights, liscense plate holder. Just needs to be bolted on?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

great news cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 PM

I got some pictures and lots of questions as usual

heres is my stock bumper

Here is the tuscany front bumper. I tried to visualize by putting it on soem foldign chairs; lol

Old 11-22-2008, 12:07 PM

here is my stock hood; I had to do some death defying stunts to get thta picture lol

Here is the aftermarket one. What do you guys think?

I like the hood; should look good all painted up
Old 11-22-2008, 12:16 PM

Here is where the problem lies. I tried to install the hids and harley headlight and it just didnt happen.

Heres the stock headlight; which I really like

Here is the hearly light installed, well jsut sitting in the spot. They are not bolted in which is why there is a gap.

This is the model number of the back of the harley headlight. is this a ford peiece or an aftermarket one

Here is where the problem lies. he told me it was a simple bolt on installaion for the hids. He lied here is the factory headlight harness; notice the three wires

Here is the plug for the headlight for the hids. Also the hids have a ground tab and a power wire that I guess need to go to the battery? Notice only two wires and tabs

here is the hid box; Is this company any good. can I get a connector to moutn to my headlights or am I going to have to cut and splice this to my low beams. I will not cut and splice this; I will sell it all first. I am not really a fan of the black headlight anyway. I love chrome its my weakness.

This is the hid bulb ploug in the back of the headlight could I get another wiring kit for this headlight that will work wiithout splicing

Any suggestion would be great. If my truck was black they would look sick. I love chrome so I am not sure about them

I was just sitting here thinking and I think i ahve a solution. I would use my voltage detecor to isolate which of the wires whith stripes on it is my low beam headlights. I would use them wire connectors which clamp on the exsisiting wire so i dont mess up my factory harness and do the same for the ground. Then all i would have to do is run the ground and the hot from the ballast box to the battery. I think this should work but its 20's degrees out so I will wait and try this prolly tommorow and because it is getting dark out. This should work and if I dont like the harley headlights I could just undo the quick connects and put some liquid electric tape around where the connector stripped the insolation and use my stock chrome headlights again.

I never did hids before but do the ballats box have a power and ground that needs to be run to the battery? Do they draw that much power initally? I know they use less voltage once they turn on but they draw more amps to power on. Will the low beam hids be better than my high and low beam regular headlights?

here is the connector I am talkign about using. i know its not the best but I dont want to cut my facotry harness.

Last edited by jonnysteals; 11-22-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.