Good price on an 84k 06 Lariat F350? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good price on an 84k 06 Lariat F350?

Some specs... this truck is local to me.

2006 Ford F350 Lariat, short bed, FX4/4x4 off road, extended cab 6.0L diesel, 84k miles
Chrome package, tan leather interior, heated seats, adj. pedals, tow command, no aux switches. Captains chair seats, power rear window, bedliner, 18" oe wheels with NEWER BFG all terrain KO 285/65/18s, nice lookin tires

As much as i saw tonight in partial darkness, the truck appears to be immaculate, little rust inside on the "chrome" tow hooks...but nothing abnormal.

I think it even has the 6k front axle and 7k rear axle.

Theyre only 2 miles away, and asking $17,999 for it, most likely was an auction vehicle they bought recently from NADE in Columbus, NJ.

Now although " i feel" the price is a steal, maybe it isnt in this market anymore.

Almost 2yrs ago on the dot i bought my current 06 F350, had 3500 miles on it for back then, a deal, dealer wanted 37k used in end of 06, they dropped the price a couple months later and i paid about 34k for it. Two years later, it is still in top top shape, couple minor scratches around the back bed etc, 33k miles, a local Ford Dealer in NJ said they wouldnt take any trucks in for trade currently and especially not diesels. Another said they would give me lol $16,xxx for it on trade to a 08 F550 lariat diesel crew cab 200" wb and then all applicable rebates... I put a lot of money down on my truck in 06, and pay a ton per month, if ive STILL lost money on it and its only at 33k miles, WTF?

If they'd only offer me 16k with 33k miles on it, shouldnt the nearly same truck in a shortbed with 84k+ miles be around that price?

FYI the kbb TRADE value on this black F350 06 im looking at is over 18k? I know even the blue book hasnt cought up with the lack of demand for trucks, especially bigger ones and diesels. I figured ill stop in maybe friday, offer them straight out 16k for it and see what they say, i have nothing to loose, but we need another truck for our plowing route this season and need one before the end of November, safely.

Its a nice truck though, i dont want to like it as much as my own 06 lol
Attached Thumbnails
Good price on an 84k 06 Lariat F350?-7896316456.248346154.im1.main.565x421_a.562x421.jpg   Good price on an 84k 06 Lariat F350?-7896316371.248346154.im1.02.565x421_a.562x421.jpg   Good price on an 84k 06 Lariat F350?-7896316467.248346154.im1.04.565x421_a.562x421.jpg   Good price on an 84k 06 Lariat F350?-7896316385.248346154.im1.05.565x421_a.562x421.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 03:21 AM

I am no help... But just for fun....

In Australia, that is about a $110,000 truck... Call it 10k for shipping, 30K for conversion to right hand drive new dash, steering, and all the rest, 10k for luxury and import tax, and add about a factor of 1.5 for conversion to Australian dollar right now... And you see where the money goes...

I wish I could by about a dozen like the one you are worried about! Kind Regards from Oz... lone Ranger
Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 AM

Yeah, we're all taking a bath right now. Got my 06 F350 - CC, long bed, dually, KR package, sunroof, power everything... 60k miles, for $30k about 1 1/2 years ago. And they gave me $11k for a 5 year old Ranger on tradein. (The F350 gets better mileage on the road, that ranger with the 4.0 v6 really sucked the stuff) And that was considered dirt cheap at the time - local dealer had an 06 KR with short bed for $37k.

Hate to think what it would sell for today. The biggest buyers of diesel trucks, builders, are on the rocks right now, so used prices are way down.

But I'm in no mood to replace it. I could drive Big Duke for at least another ten years. No complaints about it at all, this is the rolls royce of light trucks.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
Yeah, we're all taking a bath right now. Got my 06 F350 - CC, long bed, dually, KR package, sunroof, power everything... 60k miles, for $30k about 1 1/2 years ago. And they gave me $11k for a 5 year old Ranger on tradein. (The F350 gets better mileage on the road, that ranger with the 4.0 v6 really sucked the stuff) And that was considered dirt cheap at the time - local dealer had an 06 KR with short bed for $37k.

Hate to think what it would sell for today. The biggest buyers of diesel trucks, builders, are on the rocks right now, so used prices are way down.

But I'm in no mood to replace it. I could drive Big Duke for at least another ten years. No complaints about it at all, this is the rolls royce of light trucks.
Yeah i know john... ive been in a lot of stuff, and im a GM fan honestly... so i do like their stuff too, but i agree, nothing in the consumer end pickup trucks/1 ton range beats a super duty Ford truck for capacity, towing ruggedness, sturdyness etc.. some stuff might come close but theyre just beasts for pickup trucks.

fyi, id really have to dig it up and where it was, but there was an 05 KR cc long bed with like 40-60k miles on it a month back that sold for $23,xxx

Ive seen lariat 05-07s with 50-100k on em sell for $16-21k on ebay a lot in the last couple months, one was a 34k cc lariat long bed 06 for $19,950 in like kansas, OUCH! makes me feel like none of them are worth anything these days.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 PM

Id say thats about fair market value right now. 17,900 Not a bad price but Id keep looking if I were you. Nice truck, nice engine but not alot of room.....a long bed and crew cab are worth the wait in my opinion! I paid 17,900 out the door with oil change and complete servicing on mine back in May.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamvabeach View Post
Id say thats about fair market value right now. 17,900 Not a bad price but Id keep looking if I were you. Nice truck, nice engine but not alot of room.....a long bed and crew cab are worth the wait in my opinion! I paid 17,900 out the door with oil change and complete servicing on mine back in May.
How many miles were on yours? I know the crews used always go for more too. Was that with your state sales tax?

This one needs an alignment, which theyre going to do, prob needs an oil change, engine is a little rattly compared to my 06 when starting up, i know mine has sounded like this before right before an oil change with at least 5-7k hard towing miles on it.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to AaronATX
just curious why you would get an 06 lariat truck in that nice of condition to plow with?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronATX View Post
just curious why you would get an 06 lariat truck in that nice of condition to plow with?
Looks? haha, no seriously i dont and probably never will like XL model ford trucks. The plain ones just dont do it for me at all. We have to write down temps at each site, lariats have the temp sensor, no XLs have it and i think some xlt models have it in the super duties.

I also like the nicer/clean/shiny look of company vehicles. Im not saying theres anything wrong with having a couple older trucks and what not... but the majority of companies out there at least for anything more than lawn cutting, have BEAT a$$ trucks or old tanks or new XLs that are stripped down even to the spray painted grey/rusty wheels that you get on the newer fords.

I want it to be well loaded up, now if it came time that i had to have 10+ trucks, i probably wont be so worried about having a bunch of XLs for the crews to drive around daily, but im not there yet.

I think i like it because its like a small version of mine with the nicer step rails :p Im a car guy, and since being in this industry, i rarely get to drive any of my other "cars", some of my focus now is on the truck "look/ego" . Im not one for jacked up stuff, big oversized swamper tires, etc, but i like my exhaust system, want the ford stock 20" wheels and may one day even get a front level 2" kit haha.

I keep my stuff clean though, after plowing/rain etc, they all get washed down underneath and all as soon as it warms up or they hit the car wash the next day.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to baseballguy
I just bought my 05 F350 CC LB SRW King Ranch, already lifted with an intake and exhaust for 25k. Truck hass 60k miles on it.

I feel like I got a good deal.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM

I've seen crew cab Lariat FX4s with 20k less miles go for low 20k range on ebay, so I probably wouldn't give more than 16500 or so for it. With a starting price of 18, that should be easy to deal down. Hell, I'd offer 15 for it and see if they bite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.